Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only move?

NL only 5x5 keeper league, 10 teams

In contention and need starting pitching. Wacha ($24) was dropped last week and I could put in a claim dropping Ryan Buchter ($1) I have concerns looking at Wacha's peripherals and performance to date. I also see Buchter as a possible closer if/when Rodney is traded. I would appreciate other views.

Tough call. I think you have to do it though. Buchter could be traded too.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
      NL only 5x5 keeper league, 10 teams

In contention and need starting pitching. Wacha ($24) was dropped last week and I could put in a claim dropping Ryan Buchter ($1) I have concerns looking at Wacha's peripherals and performance to date. I also see Buchter as a possible closer if/when Rodney is traded. I would appreciate other views.
      I don't see Buchter as trade bait, too young and cheap. Also, Green said that he's going to be the 8th inning guy from here on out, so Rodney is the one that's most likely to be dealt IMO, he's been lights out this year. Put in a claim for both and see what happens...prioritize Wacha.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

In contention and need starters...yup, I pull the trigger on that. No doubt there's risk here - I agree with Horns that Rodney could be traded and Butcher inherit the role, but I'd bet on Wacha's upside over Butcher's closer potential and keeper potential.

Unless you think that by trading Butcher alone or in a package you could net a better SP, I'd make the move.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Another team beat me out on a waiver claim for Wacha but I was able to trade Buchter and a disabled Homer Bailey for Wainright so I am feeling good about how I came out.

Comment

Working...
          X