Shields going to the CWS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I wouldn't bid all that much if I was a dumper. Maybe $25 or so. I'm just not convinced that he's all that attractive an option for a competing team right now. Honestly, I'd be tempted to not bid at all and save my dough for a better player.
    His salary this year is $5 and he can be kept for 2017 only at the FAAB price. Sp, I expect he will go for $60+. I guess I should have mentioned that before. Does that change things for anyone?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I wouldn't either. This is not the Shields when he pitched in KC.

Comment

If he struggled in San Diego with the HR ball, I can't see him faring better in Chicago.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ok, I guess ~$25 would be the price to keep people honest. Thanks to all for your thoughts.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            After a horrifically brutal start to his CHW career, Shields actually has looked pretty great the last few times out. Just tossed a two hit, CG effort. Maybe turning the corner?
            Has looked much better of late but not striking anybody out. 21 1/3 innings in his last 3 starts, only 5 earned given up but just 7 k's.

Comment

He has been better. I dropped him 6/16 just before his last string of incredible bad starts against the Indians. His next start against the Sox was better in comparision but since that time the Twins, Yankees, Braves and Angels. Not your top offenses. I still think he is too much of a gamble. His fastball is at the lowest velocity since 08 and this season is showing his lowest K and highest BB in his career not to mention his HR is second highest. This describes him as very risky

Comment

Working...
              X