Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sano for Beltre/R. Hill

10-team AL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

The offer on the table is my Miguel Sano ($5/1) for his Adrian Beltre ($23/2) and Rich Hill ($6/2)

I'm sitting in 4th right now, a full 30 points out of 1st but only 10 points out of 2nd - top 3 get paid, stakes aren't that high. It's not a long-term keeper league so Sano could only be kept through the 2018 season assuming he plays well enough to get extended ($10 in 2017/18). Hill could conceivably be a keeper but he's also a trade candidate and only on a 1-year contract.

My pitching has been pretty good - 1st in wins and K's, middle of the pack in ratios although they should improve assuming Price continues righting the ship and Contreras stays healthy. Hitting has been disappointing - 9th in OBP, tied for 8th in SB, middle of the pack elsewhere.

Is the consistency of Beltre worth giving up Sano? Is Hill worth much in an AL-only considering you might only get a few starts?

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    10-team AL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

The offer on the table is my Miguel Sano ($5/1) for his Adrian Beltre ($23/2) and Rich Hill ($6/2)

I'm sitting in 4th right now, a full 30 points out of 1st but only 10 points out of 2nd - top 3 get paid, stakes aren't that high. It's not a long-term keeper league so Sano could only be kept through the 2018 season assuming he plays well enough to get extended ($10 in 2017/18). Hill could conceivably be a keeper but he's also a trade candidate and only on a 1-year contract.

My pitching has been pretty good - 1st in wins and K's, middle of the pack in ratios although they should improve assuming Price continues righting the ship and Contreras stays healthy. Hitting has been disappointing - 9th in OBP, tied for 8th in SB, middle of the pack elsewhere.

Is the consistency of Beltre worth giving up Sano? Is Hill worth much in an AL-only considering you might only get a few starts?
    Nope, I wouldn't do that in a keeper league. Neither Beltre nor Hill are game changers for you...Hill is already dinged up and Beltre is 37 years old...who knows how much time he has left?

Keeping Sano for 2 more seasons after this one is a far better scenario, IMO. Otherwise, look for a better deal...much better.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Nope, I wouldn't do that in a keeper league. Neither Beltre nor Hill are game changers for you...Hill is already dinged up and Beltre is 37 years old...who knows how much time he has left?

Keeping Sano for 2 more seasons after this one is a far better scenario, IMO. Otherwise, look for a better deal...much better.
      Agree with Horns.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
      X