RP for SP trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP for SP trade

I have a strong RP collection but need some help with my starting pitching. I'm looking to do a 1 for 1 deal with another owner and wanted to get some opinions on how to value the trade. Still aiming for this year, not in re-build mode.

My RP:
    Hector Rondon - $10 - one more year left on his contract
    Cody Allen - $9 - two years left
    AJ Ramos - $9 - two years left
    Arodys Vizcaino - $4 - two years left
    Boxberger - $3 - two years left

His trade-able SP:
    Cueto - non-keeper
    Gerrit Cole - non-keeper
    Taijuan Walker - $8 - two years left
    Odorizzi - $8 - two years left
    McCullers - $3 - two years left

Which closer would you look to trade away? Which SP would you look to acquire? What would give me the best bang for my buck in a 1-for-1 deal?

I'd give Rondon or Vizcaino for Cueto.

I'd want Walker for any of the guys on longer contracts.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Allen's been the shakiest, but might fetch the least, if anything at all. Boxberger is next, because Colome's been lights out.

McCullers has been the hardest hit of these pitchers, so maybe try for him for one of the above two? If not, then Odorizzi?

If he balks at the two RP mentioned, hell, trade any-- do you need five closers, lol?

Comment

I'd target Cole, and hit him with Vizcaino...appeal to the cheap keeper nature with great skills. If that didn't work, Allen for McCullers...I'd shoot for Cueto, but you probably will have to sweeten the pot.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks all! With Boxberger getting hurt again tonight I'm going to hang tight. Other owner would've done Allen for McCullers or Rondon for Odorizzi so there's at least some talking points for the future.

Comment

I'd be shocked if the Cueto owner took any of your guys 1 for 1, but that is who'd I'd want to get. Of course, you'd be buying high there, so it might be smarter to trade to get Cole or Walker in that order.

Comment

Working...
            X