Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urias Gets the Call

Will face the Mets tomorrow

That's exciting! I'm not even a Dodger fan, but I'll tune into this game if it's on nationally.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He is available in my free Yahoo league. Hopefully he pitches 100 innings in LA and is worth a pickup. They may send him back down once all their injuries come back.

Comment

I'm more concerned that he's going to be capped at 80 or 85 pitches per start

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
          He is available in my free Yahoo league. Hopefully he pitches 100 innings in LA and is worth a pickup. They may send him back down once all their injuries come back.
          That's probably not going to happen...100 innings in LA would give him 141 on the year, and That's probably more aggressive than the Dodgers want to be.

Chances are he'll be sent back down after 1-2 starts and everyone will be happy that he got a taste...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

My prediction:

3 starts, 90 pitch limit for each, he tacks on 17 IP
            sent back down, mixes in normal starts with limited IP starts (3-4 IP each), tacks on another 25 IP
            called back up for starts in July/August, pitch limit up to 100, makes 4 starts and adds 24 IP
            moved back to the bullpen down the stretch, adds another 20 IP

127 IP total, starts 2017 in the rotation but again has a fairly conservative innings limit of 150 IP, allowed to jump to 180 IP in 2018 and finishes top-5 in CY voting

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Welp, guess they should have waited. His command is not on point at all.
              Seems jacked up for his first start...that big breaking ball looks like it'll be fun once he settles down.

Comment

Yeah, he's just excited. He has the tools to be very good in the majors right now. I wouldn't read too much into him getting nervous and losing his command in his major league debut. Hard not to carry a lot of weight on your shoulders when you are 19 and the world is waiting for you like your Godot.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-27-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the big leagues, kid.

Comment

And he's back to AAA.

Comment

gosh that was fun

Comment

I watched the game and he had good stuff. He's going to be a star.

Comment

Here we go again. Get ready for round two:

Dodgers recalled LHP Julio Urias from Triple-A Oklahoma City.
                          Urias is being thrown back into the Los Angeles rotation with Alex Wood (triceps) suddenly landing on the disabled list Tuesday. The young southpaw gave up three runs on five hits and four walks in 2 2/3 innings last Friday in his major league debut against the Mets, but he has terrific stuff and it looks like his second MLB start will come this weekend against the punchless Braves. There's no official schedule yet.
                          May 31 - 9:12 PM Source: Rotoworld
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Dodgers wouldn't throw him at the Cubs in Wrigley would they? The kid needs a confidence builder like the Braves at home right?

Julio Urias could start Thursday at Wrigley Field.
                            That would be Kenta Maeda's turn, and Maeda is currently questionable with a swollen right hand. Urias hasn't pitched since his MLB debut last Friday night against the Mets, so he's available. But the Braves at home this weekend would obviously be a much safer matchup than the Cubs for real-life and fantasy purposes. Urias was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Tuesday night with Alex Wood (elbow) landing on the disabled list.
                            Source: J.P. Hoornstra on Twitter via Rotoworld
                            May 31 - 11:49 PM
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Thursday at Wrigley it is. Anyone confident enough to start him?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X