Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a mixed trade

14 team MLB H2H 5x5

I have Allen, Gregerson, Jeanmar and Dyson. I'm light on speed with CGomez on the DL. I offered any of the latter for Revere. He asked for Gregerson.

Little Ben is recovering from an oblique injury - should I wait until he gets going before I pull the trigger? I'm paying market price in a 2nd tier closer.

He is on the DL for the other team and can stay there until he wants to add a player (Yahoo!).

TIA

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

man, I have Revere in a 10-team NL, and I'd take a warm Coke for him at this point. I feel like if you need to pick up some speed, you should trade for a guy who has a stolen base this year, or failing that a guy hitting over half of the Mendoza Line.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Obliques are tricky. I'd need a safer source if I were to deal Gregerson
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a big Gregerson fan, and if you can get a decent speed guy, go for it. But Revere isn't a decent anything right now, and who knows when he will be?

Comment

I'd do it. Revere is still showing K/BB stats similar to his career norms, and those career norms are of a .300+ hitter. Do you need 3 closers and a "save guy" in a 14-teamer? It's a solid gamble.

Comment

I offered Kazmir/Gregerson for Salazar last week and it was accepted today.

I dropped Valencia yesterday to activate CGomez. Now I have an empty roster spot as of tomorrow. :P But Adams is a FA and I like him more than Valencia. DSantana is also out there and I am hurting for speed.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              I offered Kazmir/Gregerson for Salazar last week and it was accepted today.

I dropped Valencia yesterday to activate CGomez. Now I have an empty roster spot as of tomorrow. :P But Adams is a FA and I like him more than Valencia. DSantana is also out there and I am hurting for speed.
              Isn't Valencia hitting like .320? But I'd pick up any of the three.

Comment

Last 30d:
                Valencia .359
                Adams .364

I could turn around and pick up Valencia again. 3B/OF is not terrible eligibility. We have 25 pickups so I may wait for Santana.

Comment

I picked up Santana, put him on the DL and picked up Adams.

Comment

Working...
                  X