Scherzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scherzer

Talk me off the ledge. I know he started like this last year, but why and can we expect an awesome turnaround like last year?

Something must be off with his mechanics. His velocity is the same as last season, but his BB% and HR% have skyrocketed while his K% is down. I have to imagine he'll turn it around, but I don't think it's possible to match last season's numbers at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Something must be off with his mechanics. His velocity is the same as last season, but his BB% and HR% have skyrocketed while his K% is down. I have to imagine he'll turn it around, but I don't think it's possible to match last season's numbers at this point.
      I have him in another league and was thinking of offering him for Matz and Urias to a the owner that had him last season.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

That's exactly it...he said that he'd found a flaw in his mechanics right before the start where he blew the Cardinals away on 4 singles. Obviously, it's tough for him to keep his mechanics consistent...live and learn.

Bottom line is there's nothing wrong, and he'll eventually go on a big positive streak.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
        X