No announcement yet.

Shandler's new format - "Rotisserie 500"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of that spreadsheet, I drafted Jayson Werth not his brother Adam Werth.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• My only regret is topping my first pick of Rollins. Once Tex was still out there I really regretted that one.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Speaking of that spreadsheet, I drafted Jayson Werth not his brother Adam Werth.
        DOH! Fixed.
        "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
        ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
          My only regret is topping my first pick of Rollins. Once Tex was still out there I really regretted that one.
          I actually think topping for Rollins was a good move. Shortstop gets pretty ugly pretty quickly.

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
          ---Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Originally posted by netboy47 View Post
            I actually think topping for Rollins was a good move. Shortstop gets pretty ugly pretty quickly.
            Yeah that is true and he is hitting 3rd while Utley is out. So far that has been fine. Jimmy has always been not an OBP fiend. Only reason I liked Tex more (and his RBIs).
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• While planning my remaining picks I've had a bit of an epiphany, but I'm not going to share it until the draft is complete.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                While planning my remaining picks I've had a bit of an epiphany, but I'm not going to share it until the draft is complete.
                The rank and file request that you please refrain from using such big words on a rotisserie baseball forum.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. ;-)

---Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Originally posted by netboy47 View Post
                  The rank and file request that you please refrain from using such big words on a rotisserie baseball forum.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. ;-)
                  the word epiphany should only be used in this thread.

:duck:
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    In addition to getting as many top-36 players as possible (I'd love to do an analysis of how many each team has) there is also one other thing that stands out for me> missed picks.

I 'drafted' G Soto, Tulo, and Kinsler and didn't wind up with any of them. So after about 12 rounds, I had less players than everyone else, even though I used my 3 toppers. It seems like you want to end up wit top-36 guys but you also want to end up with an extra player or two if you can swing it.
                    Based on Shandler Value it breaks down like this:

7 Todd
                    5 Hawks
                    5 Steven netboy
                    4 Adam Bucky
                    3 Daren TR
                    3 laron
                    2 Chuck (ETA: ARod was 37 , ETAA: Actually tied for 34, so technically I had 3 too and only got screwed due to alphabetizing. )
                    2 JC
                    2 mjl
                    2 Piney
                    1 Michael Big Jon
                    0 Marvin MG (ETAAA: Youk is also in the 5-way tie for 34th, so Marvin would get on the board with 1.)

Based on FantasyGameDay's ADP:

5 Todd
                    4 Chuck
                    4 Steven netboy
                    3 Adam Bucky
                    3 Daren TR
                    3 Hawks
                    3 laron
                    3 Marvin MG
                    3 Piney
                    2 JC
                    2 Michael Big Jon
                    1 mjl

Based on a compilation of 5x5 projections:

5 Steven netboy
                    5 Todd
                    4 Chuck
                    4 Hawks
                    3 Adam Bucky
                    3 Daren TR
                    3 Piney
                    2 JC
                    2 laron
                    2 Michael Big Jon
                    2 mjl
                    1 Marvin MG
                    Last edited by TopChuckie; 04-06-2011, 11:08 AM.
                    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      the word epiphany should only be used in this thread.

:duck:
                      That's some light reading. I've been trolling that thread all week, but staying the hell out of the fray.

---Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Nice analysis chuckie, thanks. I probably do have more players in the 36-70 range than anyone else though

I compounded my lack of elite players by panicking a bit and drafting Alexei Ramirez early to avoid a total mess at SS. Alexei is such an asset in OBP leagues, too.

Comment

• When we start the reserve round:

Do all teams have to have a 23 man roster completed or will some start the RR while others are still completing the AR?

Are minor league picks part of the reserve roster, and if not what are the parameters?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawks Nest View Post
                            When we start the reserve round:

Do all teams have to have a 23 man roster completed or will some start the RR while others are still completing the AR?

Are minor league picks part of the reserve roster, and if not what are the parameters?

Thanks
                            Some will have 23 actives before others and will start on the reserve, technically we've just been drafting a 40-man roster, at the end of which you must be able to fill out a legal 23-man active roster. If you had wanted your first 5 players to be catchers, they could have been. You can stop filling out that 40-man roster any time you want as long as you can field the requisite 23-man active roster and until you are out of budget.

There is only active and reserve, so all minor leaguers, DL'd players, foreign players, little leaguers, etc. go on the reserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post

There is only active and reserve, so all minor leaguers, DL'd players, foreign players, little leaguers, etc. go on the reserve.
                              are minor leaguers available via FAAB?
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                                are minor leaguers available via FAAB?
                                From the rules...

There is no restriction on the types of players who may be bid on – Majors, minors, foreign leagues are all okay – with the exception of players on another Roto500 active or reserve roster.
                                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                                X