No announcement yet.

Shandler's new format - "Rotisserie 500"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gents - as much as I would like to be in this I think I'll have to back out ... I had hoped to do a bit of prepping this weekend but just can't make the time ... sorry, it sounds like it'll be a great experiment.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Couple suggestions to help move it along after having been through the proceedings, maybe Hammer can chime in as well.

Make sure you track the topper calls and announce the number they have left after someone uses it.

The part that is going to take the longest is the topper calls, especially if you are not live. When it gets down to 1 or 2 people having a call left, you may want to suggest they say or type "NO" right away so you can move on.

I don't know the exact time we finished, Pete may, but I think it took about 4 hours.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
        The auction price is the overbid price if there was one for keeper purposes, we discussed this during the NYC draft today.

NOTE -- OnRoto is doing something really cool and customizing the FAAB each period to be your max bid, based on your cap. If you have $305 on your present roster, your FAAB that week will be listed as $195.

NOTE x2 -- With FAAB, keep in mind BY RULE you need to have the open cap space THAT WEEK WITHOUT DROPPING A PLAYER TO MAKE ROOM. That is, I cannot be at 500, bid $15 on Smith and drop Jones whose salary is $15. In order to bid $15, I have to have no more than $485 on my roster at that time.
        Hmm, not sure I like Note x2. Can we drop a player at any time ahead of the FAAB to make cap room? Even if yes, odds are I'm not going to want to drop the guy unless I win the bid for the free agent. You're saying if your cap is maxed out at $500, picking up a free agent is a two week process, drop a player(s) the first week to make cap space, hope the player(s) you wanted are still out there to bid on the second week?
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          gents - as much as I would like to be in this I think I'll have to back out ... I had hoped to do a bit of prepping this weekend but just can't make the time ... sorry, it sounds like it'll be a great experiment.
          Now we're down to 11, everyone start recruiting.
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

• About Webex since I have never used it I guess I have to install it correct?
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              About Webex since I have never used it I guess I have to install it correct?
              No, it is web-based. Just click on the link that you got in your email and you're good to go.
              "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
              ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                Couple suggestions to help move it along after having been through the proceedings, maybe Hammer can chime in as well.

Make sure you track the topper calls and announce the number they have left after someone uses it.

The part that is going to take the longest is the topper calls, especially if you are not live. When it gets down to 1 or 2 people having a call left, you may want to suggest they say or type "NO" right away so you can move on.

I don't know the exact time we finished, Pete may, but I think it took about 4 hours.
                It was good to meet you yesterday Todd.
                I think we ended up starting around 9:30 and ended close to 2PM. The toppers will definitely be a bear online. Perhaps when it gets down to two people, you can both type in your max bid instead of going back and forth. That might expidite it a bit.

Yes, the rules we are playing is you need the cap space prior to making your bid so if Pujols got hurt, youd drop him this Sunday to clear the space, then bid to pick up next Sunday.

It was an interesting day. I will hold off on sharing my experience til you guys are done so as not to influence anyone. If you have questions, lmk.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• So if we want someone who isn't on the list, we can just nominate them and they'll be $10?

(I haven't made enough progress on the list to know if this will actually happen but I'm assuming I might)

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    So if we want someone who isn't on the list, we can just nominate them and they'll be $10?

(I haven't made enough progress on the list to know if this will actually happen but I'm assuming I might)
                    if they qualify as a rookie (less than 130 abs or 45 IP I believe) they go for $100. If theyve lost that status (Chris Davis was a buck) its the average earnings of the last 2 seasons.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So if we want someone who isn't on the list, we can just nominate them and they'll be $10?

It's $10 if they are rookie eligible, if not they are $1. (That's my understanding of it).
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        It's $10 if they are rookie eligible, if not they are $1. (That's my understanding of it).
                        OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

If they are not on Shandler's List then they are either rookie eligible and therefore $10, or they earned a negative value average over the last two seasons and therefore are $1. I believe I added every rookie or $1 player anyone could possibly be interested in in a mixed draft on the spreadsheet I sent out last week, but if you have another player in mind who is not on the spreadsheet I sent and he is not a rookie, then he will be $1.

Comment

• There are some rookie eligible guys at $1 (Rendon, Kolbrin Vitek) - in that case would we go by the sheet?

Comment

There are some rookie eligible guys at $1 (Rendon, Kolbrin Vitek) - in that case would we go by the sheet?
                              No, that's just me screwing up. If they are in green it means I assigned the value, and therefore they are open to correction. I just took all the players on my cheat sheets for my AL and NL drafts, added in Scouting Book's Top 400+ rookies, then assigned Shandler's value where he provided one, $10 to all remaining players from the SB Top 400+, and then $1 to all players left without a Shandler value nor a $10 rookie value. Rendon and Vitek must not appear on Scouting Book's Top 400+, hence the reason I incorrectly gave them a $1 value. I should have reviewed it a bit closer, but I was in a rush to get the list out that day. Sorry.

Comment

• I have the rosters from yesterday if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X