Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baez or Drury?

I can roster one ...

It's a daily subs league, so their positional versatility is useful, but as back-ups, ABs matter a lot. They gotta be there when you need 'em.

In our rules, here is the positional eligibility: Drury is 2B/3B/OF. Baez is 2B/3B/SS. I have good back-up at SS and 3B, so he would be backing up 2B, mostly.

I already have two D-Backs, so that is a strike against Drury. To me, Baez comes with a high pedigree and Maddon seems to tilt toward his defense over Soler's.

Any thoughts? All opinions help clear the mind!

I like Baez...he's earning more PT with his defense, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up the regular 3rd baseman for the season with Bryant moving to the OF for at least this year. They're a much better defensive club this way...and Soler has pretty much spit the bit, again.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Vote 2 for Baez. It's very impressive how he's changed his hitting approach - I think it will serve him very well.

Hard to go wrong with either player, though,
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That's sort of been my thinking ... Soler is looking like Baez used to look at the plate, without the defense.

Comment

Baez for me.

Comment

As someone who just traded for Baez, I'm betting on him earning PT in the way Hornsby describes. As a Soler owner as well, I hope he doesn't get that PT at Soler's expense, but I do think he'll get it somehow, so i'd choose him. He has more upside, and he is worth the gamble imo.

Comment

done! thanks, guys

Comment

Working...
              X