Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy big potential trade

12 team AL only roto keeper 5x5 w/OBP,QS,S+H $310

some names being thrown around with another owner who is playing for next yr

I trade

E. Hosmer $23 2017
    T. White $14 2018
    M. Saunders $5 2018
    D. Barney $5 (to fill a spot)
    A. Hicks $5
    M. Albers $3
    A.J. Reed (minors)
    T. Mancini or J. Mateo (minors)
    1st pick in 2017 res. draft

I get

Miggy Cabrera $38 2017
    Jose Abreu $30 2016 (contact expires but can be extended to $35 for next yr if traded)
    Danny Santana $1 2018
    Adam Eaton $17 2016 (contact expires but can be extended to $22 for next yr if traded)
    Andrew Miller $10 2016 (contact expires but can be extended to $15 for next yr if traded)
    Nolan Reimold $3 2018

My team if we are able to work this type of deal

C B.McCann
    C Conger
    1B Abreu
    2B Forsythe
    SS Santana
    3B Longoria
    CI Cabrera
    MI E.Escobar
    OF Springer
    OF Gordon
    OF Rasmus
    OF Eaton
    OF Reimold
    DH A-Rod
    SP Salazar
    SP Richards
    SP Happ
    SP Karns
    SP Odorizzi
    RP K-Rod
    RP Miller
    RP O'Day
    RP J.Smith

Again, all the above names have been throw about and and we are working towards some type of deal.

What would you guys think if this was on the table?
    Last edited by price; 05-05-2016, 02:26 AM.

I think its a good deal for you, although I'd try hard to hold on to AJ Reed, and definetly hold Mateo over Mancini. I like Mancini, who looks ready now and a surer bet, but Mateo's roto upside is off the charts at SS.

But yeah, the deal helps you a lot, and aside from the minor leaguers, the long term value you are trading isn't too painful a hit for the upgrades you get. I don't know the pick's value, but I am assuming a decent number of keepers. And the minor league value is affected by how many minor league slots. The more major league eepers and less minor league keepers allowed, the better the deal is for you.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-05-2016, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Don't trade Mateo if at all possible.

Comment

I'd do this deal as soon as you could. I can see why these guys like Mateo, but Mancini has hit at every stop, so I'm ok with either.

Comment

If I am him, I am not making the trade without the rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I'm not making that offer even with the rookies. It's a pretty lopsided deal, imo.
            Agreed.

I thought it was the dumper that made the suggestions. Then some suggested taking out the rookies. If I thought I was already overpaying to get, I would not be happy if the counter took out the targeted rookies.

Comment

I'm not sure it's enough. Miller won't be closing any more. You're giving up a real contributor in Hosmer. A great prospect in Reed. I honestly think Hicks/Santana is a wash or a downgrade for you. Saunders isn't awful. Your offense is really really strong after this deal but pitching is still just OK - do you have any bullets left to improve that if needed?

I don't think it's bad, I'm just not sure it's enough. I agree that I would try hard to keep Mateo.

Comment

Here's my take:

Hosmer is barely a keeper at that price
                White is barely a keeper at any price right now
                Hicks is just terrible and shouldn't be kept at any price
                Ditto Saunders

If I received this offer, I would perceive it as AJ Reed, Mancini/Mateo, a 1st and a borderline keeper in Hosmer for a squad of All-Stars. And then I'd decline the offer. Without the rookies this offer is a really, really subpar.
                I completely agree with this, but he does say they've already discussed much of the particulars.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  I'm not sure it's enough. Miller won't be closing any more.
                  It's a S+H league, so Miller should still be gold.

To clarify my earlier affirmation to do the deal--I agree that you should get that deal done even if you have to give Reed, but it is worth trying to hold Reed, and since he is giving you the option between Mateo and Macinini, keep Mateo.

Comment

Agree that the deal is extremely favorable and should be taken.

An aside, I absolutely hate these type trades. Basically one team giving up in early May and the other team gets 2 teams worth of resources for 70% of the season. As an other owner in this league I'd be extremely frustrated. It makes the game no longer about your baseball evaluation skills or really anything about baseball; but rather who can be the first guy who finds the schmuck who gives up and mortgages for the future. That's not what fantasy baseball is about, and honestly that's not fun at all.

/soapbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

An aside, I absolutely hate these type trades. Basically one team giving up in early May and the other team gets 2 teams worth of resources for 70% of the season. As an other owner in this league I'd be extremely frustrated. It makes the game no longer about your baseball evaluation skills or really anything about baseball; but rather who can be the first guy who finds the schmuck who gives up and mortgages for the future. That's not what fantasy baseball is about, and honestly that's not fun at all.

/soapbox.
                      Well stated

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

/soapbox.
                        IMO this is exactly why I greatly dislike keeper leagues. You'll never find trades like this in a redraft league.

Comment

Discussed a little further today to try and make it as fair as possible so throwing around this,

Hosmer, Saunders, Hicks, Barney, Mancini and 1st for Abreu, Eaton, Iglesia and C.Gomez.

The owner can't keep Abreu, Iglesia and Eaton because contract ends this year and unless Gomez really turns it around and doesn't sign with an NL team next yr, he wouldn't be kept for $33 for next yr. Cabrera could be kept at $38.

If he was to include both Abreu and Cabrera in a deal, then my Springer at $15 this yr and next would have to be in it.

I could try to just give him White, Reed for Abreu since he can't keep Abreu. I could add $5 if I got him and would have to take him in next yr at $35.

What do you guys think? The one with Hosmer in it mentioned at the top or the one just trying for Abreu?

Comment

Yeesh, I'm not sure I really like either of those deals but I'd take the top one.

Did I read your post right that you backed off the original deal?
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I prefer the one at the top way more than White/Reed for Abreu.
                              Me too

Comment

Working...
                              X