• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade--- as bad as it seems??

Trade in my league today. Keeper league 13 team 5x5

Miggy ($51) and Lindor ($6)

for

Addison Russell ($6), Travis Shaw ($1) and Almedys. Diaz ($1)

Just seems like giving up on Miggy at this point is rather stupid.

Thoughts?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

With Lindor at a great keeper price included, looks like an awful deal to me.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      With Lindor at a great keeper price included, looks like an awful deal to me.
      Yeah, including Lindor was dumb. At least just offer Miggy alone as see if it gets the deal done.

It was made by one of the owners who is a huge baseball fan, but he never comes close to competing for the title as he continually makes head-scratching trades every year.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The $6 Lindor is what makes this a bad deal.

I understand trading Miggy early if he is dumping and wants maximum value. But adding Lindor negates this as a dump deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          The $6 Lindor is what makes this a bad deal.

I understand trading Miggy early if he is dumping and wants maximum value. But adding Lindor negates this as a dump deal.
          In this league April is way too early to dump. And if you do want to dump this early (stupid), then at least shop Miggy around and let other owners know he's available.

Comment

What are the contract years on these players. Is Lindors contract is up this year? If his is only good for this year and next, does your league have options to extend? What would that take his $ to?

Not such a bad deal if Lindor was only good for this year and Russell, Shaw and Diaz are all good for 2017 at that value.

Comment

Yeah, why even bother to pay $51 at the draft for just 3 weeks of Miggy.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                What are the contract years on these players. Is Lindors contract is up this year? If his is only good for this year and next, does your league have options to extend? What would that take his $ to?

Not such a bad deal if Lindor was only good for this year and Russell, Shaw and Diaz are all good for 2017 at that value.
                They can all be kept in 2017 and 2018 for $5 and $10 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Then the deal makes no sense. I see Russell and Lindor as pretty close, so the deal is basically Diaz and Shaw for Miggy, and that is a joke return for him. That said, the Russell owner in my league would never trade him for my Lindor straight up, so maybe I'm inflating Lidnor's value, or deflating Russell's, but certainly not enough to make this deal make sense.

Comment

Even if you think Lindor & Russell are equal (and Lindor should clearly be considered the better fantasy option), that means he gave up Miggy for Shaw and Diaz. Yechhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Even if you think Lindor & Russell are equal (and Lindor should clearly be considered the better fantasy option), that means he gave up Miggy for Shaw and Diaz. Yechhhh.
                      And Shaw & Diaz were free agent pickups (i'm also in this league). So, Miggy cost the new owner nothing. It doesn't get much more lopsided than getting an MVP candidate for free in an April dump trade.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        And Shaw & Diaz were free agent pickups (i'm also in this league). So, Miggy cost the new owner nothing. It doesn't get much more lopsided than getting an MVP candidate for free in an April dump trade.
                        And the defending champ to boot!!

Gonna be an uphill battle to get that title back this season. But I love a challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Then I would agree that is a bad deal.

Comment

Working...
                          X