Wainwright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wainwright

I have a chance to get him, what is his value going forward?

I'm not totally optimistic, but I feel strongly there should be some improvement, but he's likely not going to give anything close to ace-level production from here on out. Maybe a #2 or a good #3. I'd pick him up if I could get him from an owner that was fed up, but only at bargain price.

Comment

I had a possibility of trading for him today in a NL-only. My thinking was that in any league with a salary cap, if he has a salary commensurate with what he was expected to do, he's going to be really hard to trade for. If that's not a concern for you, I'd agree with Dane, or maybe a little more pessimistic.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I was thinking I would offer a $1 Wisler and go from there

Comment

I usually preach selling high on Trevor Story types and buying low on Wainwrights.

but man, it is hard to see a rainbow in those peripherals and pitch mph's. I'd only buy if you need to strike lightning in a bottle to contend, you want to contend, and you are getting a significant discount.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
            I was thinking I would offer a $1 Wisler and go from there
            I'm not sure that you wouldn't be losing on that deal. Two pitchers going in opposite directions for sure.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I'm not sure that you wouldn't be losing on that deal. Two pitchers going in opposite directions for sure.
              Wow, has the opinion of Wainwright fallen so low that folks wouldn't take Wisler for him?!

Comment

I have Wisler at $2 and would take Wainwright for him
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Wow, has the opinion of Wainwright fallen so low that folks wouldn't take Wisler for him?!
                  There's a point where pitchers just don't have it anymore, and while Waino may not have reached that point yet, Wisler was a highly regarded prospect who's pitching very well right now. Both can reverse field, but I'm very worried that Wainwright might be reaching the end.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I do think there is some concern here. His fastball is down 1 mph and he is not getting ahead in the count. Walks are up and Ks are down. That being said it is still early in the season I plan on holding on to him and hope that this is not a sign of an aging pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                    X