Colabello Suspended 80 Games for PEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colabello Suspended 80 Games for PEDs

well, now we know how he hit .321 last year....

wow, didn't see that coming.

edit: in deep leagues Justin Smoak's value just got a nice bump.
    Last edited by TranaGreg; 04-22-2016, 03:21 PM.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

must not have been using it correctly. He is hitting .069
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

in case there's any dispute about this being a poorly classified cold medicine, this is what he was caught with ... from Wikipedia ...

4-Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone, sold under the brand name Oral Turinabol, is an anabolic steroid. ... Turinabol was the key steroid administered to approximately 10,000 athletes from East Germany (GDR). The doping program was run by the East German Government from about 1968 until 1989 when the Berlin wall was destroyed. The doping program was known as STASI 14.25. The doping was done in secret and it was only in the 1990s when Franke and Berendonk looked closely at the original archived information and discovered the true scope of just how well-planned and successful the doping regime had been (in terms of medal success and world record performances).
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I figured he just learned that magic leg kick from Bautista like Valencia did.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            must not have been using it correctly. He is hitting .069
            beat me to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              in case there's any dispute about this being a poorly classified cold medicine, this is what he was caught with ... from Wikipedia ...
              LOL...yeah, anything that ends in "testosterone" is pretty hard to think it's a cold medicine.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Another denier:

"On March 13, I got one of the scariest and most definitely the least expected phone calls of my entire life," Colabello said in a statement. "I was informed by the Players Association that a banned substance was found in my urine. I have spent every waking moment since that day trying to find an answer as to why or how? The only thing I know is that I would never compromise the integrity of the game of baseball. I love this game too much! I care too deeply about it. I am saddened more for the impact this will have on my teammates, the organization and the fans of the Toronto Blue Jays. I hope that before anyone passes judgement on me they can take a look at the man that I am, and everything that I have done to get to where I am in my career."

And the date when he was told obviously is the reason behind his awful start....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

"... everything that I have done to get to where I am in my career."
                  Like get to the majors at 29, hit .194 & .229 in your first two years then hit .321 at age 31. I think we know everything you have done to get to where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                    Like get to the majors at 29, hit .194 & .229 in your first two years then hit .321 at age 31. I think we know everything you have done to get to where you are.
                    This is even more instructive than a Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire on why steroids are so tempting.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                      Pretty big payoff...MLB players start at $34K per year benefits with just 43 days of service time, and it grows to a maximum of $200,000K after 10 years. They also get lifetime health care after only 1 day in the bigs.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X