What would you trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you trade?

This is my 12-team 5x5 NL only team. They're somehow in first place, though they have a very low point total that would likely put me 3rd at the end of the season. I'm not sure they deserve to be any better than 3rd anyway. I don't have any closers (didn't have money at auction after having a so-so keeper list).

I'd like to add a closer but I'm not sure what would make sense to trade away. I realize my pitching is shaky, so a higher-lever closer who might actually help the ratios would be really good.

We have a 5-man reserve and aggressive FAAB, so the likelihood of me getting a closer dumped into my lap is very small. I could try to trade for someone like Maurer or ...yeah I'm not even sure who else... and hope for the best, but I'd hate to waste assets on a futile pursuit.

My team doesn't have any obvious strengths other than R/RBI which mostly come from volume. I don't have a ton of good keeper assets. I realize this is kind of an ugly question but I'm just curious what the junkies would think to do in a situation like this.

C - AJ Ellis $1 (thankfully we only start 1 C)
    1/3/CI - Carpenter $14 expiring, David Wright $17, Brett Wallace $1
    2/S/MI - Neil Walker $23, Suarez $11, Lemahieu $14
    OF - Fowler $26, Granderson $24, Span $25, Jay $6, Raburn $1
    UT - Stephen Drew $1, Tony Wolters $1
    Bench - Bourjos $1, Culberson $5, Dan Dekker $6 (why do I keep FAABing this guy?)
    DL - Inciarte $10, Ethier $3, Solarte $12

SP - Kershaw $45, Shelby Miller $13, Erlin $1, Roark $5, Bud Norris $1, Chad Bettis $2
    RP - Bastardo $1, Broxton $1, Carlos Villanueva $4
    Bench - Carlos Frias $1, Heston $3
    DL - Ottavino $2

Is this a BA or OBP league? If BA, I'd try to move Granderson for some pitching help.

Comment

I would try to trade Inciarte or Solarte the moment they are activated or the rumors starts spreading that they are about to be activated. Trading Inciarte might leave you short in SB, but obviously just weigh that against the gains in pitching.

Comment

I disagree that you don't have any strengths - you have a very deep OF for a 12-team NL only team. You can deal from strength there without hurting your hitting much. If David Wright would cooperate and hit well until Solarte comes back, I'd look to deal him once Solarte is ready. I just think he's an injury waiting to happen. Maybe, just maybe, you can get something of value for him before his back or other major body part caves in on him.

And on general principles, there HAS to be a better MR you can get at low FAAB to get Broxton off your team or at least to the bench. Yeah, he hasn't hurt you yet. But you just know he will.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would float Walker out there although you really are lacking a thumper so parting with one of your compilers will sting a bit. that said, youre going to need a closer and maybe theres a believer in Walkers hot start on a new team.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. I am definitely perusing the FA list in hopes of replacing Broxton and Villanueva with better MRs. It's a BA league. I guess the answer is basically what everyone said or hinted at - it is going to suck to part with a compiler, but it's necessary, and I should just trade whoever draws the most interest.

Comment

Working...
            X