Trading for Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for Trout

I received an email today from the trout owner saying he noticed I was looking for CF help and that trout was available at the right price. Its a 12 team league and I have parts to move for him, but i dont really know what to offer. Each owner keeps 8, no salaries, so it seems like something i should at least try. Any suggestions on who I should offer? I like a 2 for 1 type deal because i can scoop up glasnow from the wire. I just checked the trading block and it looks like hes in pretty desperate need of an ace. Tanaka and Cueto are his best two

my team currently

C Montero
    1B White
    2B Baez
    SS Seager
    3B Arenado
    IF Franco
    LF Conforto
    CF Pederson
    RF C.Davis
    OF J.Martinez
    OF Puig
    UTL Alvarez

BE T.Turner
    BE A.J. Reed

SP Arrieta
    SP C-Mart
    SP Hamels
    SP Verlander
    SP Walker
    SP Finnigan

BE Giolito
    DL Darvish
    Last edited by ; 04-20-2016, 03:41 PM.

If he "noticed" you were looking and he reached out to you, he should be prepared to tell you what he wants for Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      If he "noticed" you were looking and he reached out to you, he should be prepared to tell you what he wants for Trout.
      Thats what I thought, but maybe hes worried about the slow start/bad lineup around him and doesnt know how to value him anymore? seems silly to put too much stock in the first two weeks for an elite player, but i dont want to look a gift horse in the mouth
      Last edited by ; 04-20-2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

He wants Davis and both Martinez' for Trout and two throwaways in melky, and fiers. I told him that i cant lose the 40 hrs, 100 rbi, and a young keeper stud in c-mart. Is countering with C-mart, Hamels, and puig still giving up too much?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
          He wants Davis and both Martinez' for Trout and two throwaways in melky, and fiers. I told him that i cant lose the 40 hrs, 100 rbi, and a young keeper stud in c-mart. Is countering with C-mart, Hamels, and puig still giving up too much?
          I doubt he'll accept that given his original ask, but I don't think that's giving up too much for you.

Comment

In a redraft league, I think your counter would be fine, but in a keeper league where Trout can be kept forever, it's not enough.

Comment

He turned down my counter of C-mart, Hamels, Puig for Trout, Fiers, Desclifani. He said he needs a first 3 round player. Do I win a JD and C-Mart/Hamels for Trout Desclifani swap?

Comment

He turned down my counter of C-mart, Hamels, Puig for Trout, Fiers, Desclifani. He said he needs a first 3 round player. Do I win a JD and C-Mart/Hamels for Trout Desclifani swap?
                Yes, JD/Hamels

Comment

Originally posted by mjb887 View Post
                  Yes, JD/Hamels
                  what about if its C-Mart instead of Hamels

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    In a redraft league, I think your counter would be fine, but in a keeper league where Trout can be kept forever, it's not enough.
                    Agreed. If you can get Trout at no salary/keep forever...I would go for any trade that has been mentioned so far.

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for the help! Ill try to be a little more aggressive on him then. I sent both and he declined the hamels version but hasnt the cmart one. Crossin my fingers

Comment

I'd throw Darvish, JD Martinez, and Reed at him...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

what about if its C-Mart instead of Hamels
                          In a keeper forever league, I'd be OK with that. But would rather give up Hamels.

Comment

Working...
                          X