Trade Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advice

10-team, H2H league, standard 5x5 categories. I have been offered the following trade:

Give: McCutchen, J Upton, Chapman
    Get: Miguel Cabrera, Greinke, Raisel Iglesias

I view Miggy and McCutchen as about equal, Greinke as an upgrade on JUp and Iglesias as a big downgrade on Chapman, especially in such a shallow league.

Thinking about just removing the Chapman/Iglesias part.

See below for my roster, appreciate anyone's thoughts. Thanks

C - Stephen Vogt
    1B - David Ortiz (Yahoo league)
    2B - Rougned Odor
    3B - Josh Donaldson
    SS - Marcus Semien
    OF - Andrew McCutchen
    OF - JD Martinez
    OF - Justin Upton
    Util - Lorenzo Cain
    Util - Nomar Mazara
    Bench - Evan Longoria (waiver add)
    DL - Jung Ho Kang
    DL - AJ Pollock (waiver flyer)

SP - Corey Kluber
    SP - Carlos Carrasco
    RP - Andrew Miller
    RP - Roberto Osuna
    P - Aroldis Chapman
    P - Michael Wacha
    P - Cole Hamels
    P - Jose Quintana
    P - Justin Verlander
    P - Jeremy Jeffress
    P - Kevin Jepsen

(Starting lineup uses 2 SPs, 2 RPs and 3 Ps)

You could use the SP, so I could see doing your counter-offer. Is it daily lineup moves, or weekly?

Comment

Daily lineup moves. Agree I could use the SP since the back end of the rotation is suspect, but also don't love trading bats for arms.

Also considering proposing something like LoCain + Osuna for Greinke instead.

Comment

Yeah, you have 5 closers, so certainly one of them is expendable. If you could move Verlander in the deal, that would be optimal, because I can't see how he can stick in a 10-tm league.

Comment

Well, Jepsen won't be the closer for too much longer and Miller/Chapman really count as one actual closer so it's more like 3.5, but I'm not married to chasing saves anyway.

And yes, I'd love to move Verlander. He's right on the edge of ownable but I've been keeping him given his upside/history/2nd half vs what's on the wire.

Comment

The counter-offer works for me, but in a H2H league, there's no way I give up Chapman. That leaves your RPs as AMiller (as you've noted is likely out of a job when Chapman is back), Jeffress, Osuna, and Jepsen.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              The counter-offer works for me, but in a H2H league, there's no way I give up Chapman. That leaves your RPs as AMiller (as you've noted is likely out of a job when Chapman is back), Jeffress, Osuna, and Jepsen.
              Do you think there's any chance he accepts that counter?

Here is his roster:

C - Matt Weiters
              1B - Miguel Cabrera
              2B - Ian Kinsler
              3B - Manny Machado
              SS - Corey Seager
              OF - Carlos Gomez
              OF - Gregory Polanco
              OF - Adam Jones
              Util - Hanley Ramirez
              Util - Edwin Encarnacion

SP - Jose Fernandez
              SP - Zack Greinke
              RP - Jake McGee
              RP - Luke Gregerson
              P - Fernando Rodney
              P - Jeanmar Gomez
              P - Matt Moore
              P - Drew Smyly
              P - Raisel Iglesias
              P - Jerad Eickhoff
              P - Adam Wainwright
              P - Mat Latos
              DL - Yu Darvish
              DL - Lance McCullers

He's said he's looking to shore up his OF and RP

Comment

There's a chance - depends on how much he likes Greinke. To me, it's a pretty fair offer - Cutch and JUp are pretty high performing, low risk hitters that would be a major upgrade to his OF. He can spare Greinke, especially if he's a believer in Moore and Latos' comebacks. MCab has the highest upside, but I think he's a bit more risky than either Cutch or JUp. Greinke's a potential ace.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Hmm, I like that initial offer for you. It's not a slam dunk but it's very reasonable. Of course, your counter without Chapman and Iglesias is far better for you.

Any chance you could land Fernandez instead of Greinke? Greinke makes me a little nervous this year.
                  He had initially offered Fernandez in another similar offer, but I told him I was less interested because it's a H2H league and I suspect Fernandez will not be pitching during our playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    There's a chance - depends on how much he likes Greinke. To me, it's a pretty fair offer - Cutch and JUp are pretty high performing, low risk hitters that would be a major upgrade to his OF. He can spare Greinke, especially if he's a believer in Moore and Latos' comebacks. MCab has the highest upside, but I think he's a bit more risky than either Cutch or JUp. Greinke's a potential ace.
                    That's sort of where my head is at with Miggy = Cutch and Greinke >= Upton. If it were just Miggy/Greinke for Cutch/Upton, I'd be much more inclined to accept, but the Chapman/Iglesias part is a big discrepancy to me.

I also think there's just a premium on bats in a daily H2H league where I can just load up on bench arms and go for the counting stats (W, SV, K) and punt on ERA/WHIP in a specific playoff matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X