Aledmys Diaz or Jorge Polanco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aledmys Diaz or Jorge Polanco?

I have a chance to pick up Polanco for Diaz. Should I? Both carry an option for 2017.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I think Diaz has a greater chance to play than Polanco does.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I think Diaz has a greater chance to play than Polanco does.
      What he said. Jhonny P. was already showing signs of decline, and this injury might accelerate it.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Play where? Diaz is already getting into trouble for his defense at SS. It isn't like 2B was open.
        Aledmys Diaz is out of the starting lineup Tuesday against the Cubs.

Advice: Ruben Tejada will make his Cardinals' debut at shortstop and bat eighth. Diaz has put up some impressive numbers since his call-up, but he could lose some more starts if he doesn't improve his shaky defense.
        Rotoworld.com

I have options for the immediate future. I am more interested in the total value through 2017.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Diaz has a pretty good rep for defense from his time in the minors. I'm going to be surprised if he doesn't get that turned around. Whether his bat is real, or not, I think will drive how much PT he gets.

As DQ used to say, your mileage may vary, but I don't see Ruben Tejada or Jedd Gyorko as significant threats to Diaz; I only see Jhonny P as his main threat. For PT through 2017, I think Diaz has a better chance for significant PT than does Polanco.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X