Kluber Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kluber Trade?

What do you think of me trading, my Kluber and Kazmir for his Salazar and Quintana? This is a dynasty keep forever league. Thanks.

Damn, that's pretty close. Are there any penalties for the keepers?

Comment

I agree with revo that its close. Id seriously consider it. Ive always been a Salazar fan because I think his stuff is downright nasty. My issue with him has always been walks, but his K/rate is right there with kluber and hes younger. He could very well be better than Kluber is now as soon as next year. I like QS machine Quintana over Kazmir too so Id probably do it.

Comment

I would do it. I like Q a lot more than Kazmir and honestly, Salazar vs Kluber isn't as different as you might think

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I would do it. I like Q a lot more than Kazmir and honestly, Salazar vs Kluber isn't as different as you might think
          I agree with this. Salazar can be as nasty as any pitcher.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Damn, that's pretty close. Are there any penalties for the keepers?
            Agree with revo, though I'd likely do it. Reading too much into pre- and post- All Star breaks can be dangerous, but Kazmir sure seems to have a crash and burn tendency late in the season.

Now if this is a H2H league, I might want to re-visit. Again, knowing what Kazmir has done since his injury return is pretty instructive.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

check this out -- https://t.co/xLAPXeYzvv

Kluber is a nice buy low

Comment

Can you wait a couple starts for Kluber to rebound? Seems like his value is at a low point right now because he's gotten BABIP'd to death so far. His last start vs the Mets had a bunch of dropped balls in the OF due to sun, which really should be an error but isn't counted that way.

I don't mind the value you're getting, but I think you could get more in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mjb887 View Post
                  Can you wait a couple starts for Kluber to rebound? Seems like his value is at a low point right now because he's gotten BABIP'd to death so far. His last start vs the Mets had a bunch of dropped balls in the OF due to sun, which really should be an error but isn't counted that way.

I don't mind the value you're getting, but I think you could get more in 2 weeks.
                  So you don't think that Salazar will have a better year than Kluber? I am going against my natural state of pessimism when it comes to players on my team, but Salazar is definitely capable of outperforming Kluber and i would much rather have Quintana than Kazmir
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    So you don't think that Salazar will have a better year than Kluber? I am going against my natural state of pessimism when it comes to players on my team, but Salazar is definitely capable of outperforming Kluber and i would much rather have Quintana than Kazmir
                    Going forward, I'd expect Kluber to have better ERA/WHIP, similar Ws and Ks to Salazar, so I'd think his RoS projections are slightly better. I agree that Quintana is better than Kazmir but I tend to focus on the high end of the trade rather than the lower one (my primary league is shallower though, so this may influence it).

I was just trying to say that I think Kluber will be fine and will be considered more "valuable" in 2 weeks to the point where maybe you could get more for him. I don't think this trade will haunt you or anything though since Kluber and Salazar are relatively close and Salazar is younger.

Comment

Given Kluber's track record, I don't think there is any "buy low" yet. I certainly wouldn't give a discount if I owned him.

It looks like everyone agrees that Quintana is better than Kazmir, but by how much. Enough to make up any differences between Kluber and Salazar? If Salazar and Kluber are the same, it is a no brainer. If Kluber is slightly better than Salazar the worst case is it is only a good deal. As with any deal involving pitching, they can go bad in a hurry.

I just don't see a lot of risks in making this trade and there could be considerable upside. As much as I would hate to give up Kluber, I would make this trade.

Comment

Working...
                      X