Huff for Fowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huff for Fowler

I've been offered Huff for Fowler in a H2H points league. I like Fowler a lot, and Huff's slow start makes me think there may be something to that every other year thing with him. I'm considering it because I am stacked at CF with Kemp, Sizemore, and Fowler, but I need a corner (starting Matsui, could call up Freeman soon to replace him). I could also use a back up LFer and RFer, so Huff's position flexibility is a big bonus for me as it would let me feel safe at three positions and allow me to keep using bench spots on pitchers I can rotate in each week. I've shopped around but everyone wants Kemp or Sizemore in a deal. This is the only offer for Fowler I've gotten.

I had Huff last year and he was great for me. I'm not even hoping for a repeat at this point, but do you think he'll turn it around? I don't need Huff to outperform Fowler for this to be a fair trade for me, because of my position needs. I just need him to make it close. Will he?

Huff has some bad BABIP luck, but his HR/FB has a very clear every other year pattern. Why? I don't know. But if .270-18HR helps you then I'd do it. Fowler probably isn't as good in a points league.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Fowler probably isn't as good in a points league.
      I think he's probably been better in our system than in roto, because he isn't stealing right now, but he's piling up a ton of walks (16), which helps, as do his doubles (9). I worry that if he does start stealing again, and develops even a little pop, he'll be really good and I'll regret this. But I guess that is a lot of ifs at this point.

Huff's position flexibility really would help me if he can manage to be fairly productive. I don't typically put stock in the every other year thing. I've always thought it was bunk. But as they say, there is no atheists in fox holes, and no one dismissive of illogical baseball stat trends when they are about to pull of a trade.

Comment

I pulled the trigger. I'm sure Fowler will hit his first homer and steal 3 bases tomorrow. But as long as Huff outperforms Matsui and Freeman, I guess I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
        X