Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I make this offer?

12 Team AL only roto keeper 5x5 w/OBP,S+H,QS $260/310/340

My team is fairly solid and going back and forth early on between 1st and 3rd. The guy who won last season doesn't look to be in it this year by the looks of his draft and he's in 11th.

My pitching

Richards $10 (only good this yr)
    Odorizzi $5 (only good for me this yr but if traded owner could add 1 yr)
    Salazar $15 2017
    Karns $10 2017
    Happ $1 2018
    An.Sanchez $9 2018
    Tropeano $5 this yr $15 next 2 yrs

Should I offer him Blake Snell (he'll be $5 for 3 yrs once he is active and owner asked for him in the off season) plus $10 Karns and $1 Happ (both good for next yr) for his Quintana ($6 only good this yr) and Tanaka ($5 but he didn't extend him so he can't take him in next yr but owner who gets him can add 1 yr for $5)

I really want to try and get rid of some excess average pitchers so I can go with 5-6 solid guys and 3-4 S+H guys in my active. My only real need with pitching is QS and whip (both middle of the pack)

I was also thinking it might take Snell and Odorizzi for those 2 but then I might want another piece added.

Do you think my offer would be enough for those 2 players he can't take in next yr? Do you think I would have to put Odorizzi in a deal for them?

Thanks

I don't think that both players are enough for what you're offering. I love Quintana, have owned him for years, but a Snell alone should bring him, and perhaps Tanaka as well. I certainly wouldn't consider giving up Odorizzi in any deal as well. I'm still too leery of Tanaka being hurt. I'd offer Snell and Happ and see where it goes from there.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Blake Snell is killing it at AAA so far, picking up right where he left off last year. No way would I deal him now, especially for two far less talented pitchers.

I agree with Horns that Odorizzi should not be included in any deal either (I think he's better than either Quintana and Tanaka).

Comment

Agree with the feedback above. Not sure what the rationale would be for the deal you outlined.

Comment

I wouldn't do Snell and Odorizzi, for sure. I might offer Snell and Karns - but I'd need to be pretty sure that Quintana and Tanaka really improve my standings this year. Quintana's about as close to a machine as you get for stats - 200 IP, 3.4ish ERA, 1.25ish WHIP, 175 Ks, thank you. Tanaka, and Horns notes, comes with a pile of injury risk, but can be a real needle mover on WHIP and toss in another 130-150 Ks and a decent ERA.

OTOH, Snell could be a legit #1 SP - he certainly has the stuff. He could be up in May...or later...or even later.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I wouldn't do Snell and Odorizzi, for sure. I might offer Snell and Karns - but I'd need to be pretty sure that Quintana and Tanaka really improve my standings this year. Quintana's about as close to a machine as you get for stats - 200 IP, 3.4ish ERA, 1.25ish WHIP, 175 Ks, thank you. Tanaka, and Horns notes, comes with a pile of injury risk, but can be a real needle mover on WHIP and toss in another 130-150 Ks and a decent ERA.

OTOH, Snell could be a legit #1 SP - he certainly has the stuff. He could be up in May...or later...or even later.
            Like i said, i have 3 solid SP's, but the others I can't count on for QS's and e.r.a and whips. I like to try and sell my prospects high when I know I have a team that can contend. They are after all, just prospects and a lot of them never pan out or take years. I prefer to trade a top prospect early on so i maximize the stats i get in return. I would not put Odorizzi in a deal with Snell unless I got Quintana, Tanaka, Calhoun and Suaza. I think I'll just offer him Happ and Karns or Sanchez for Quintana and see what he says and try to hold onto Snell. might need him later to fill another need. Quintana helps a lot in QS's and pretty much everywhere else.

Comment

If you can get Quintana without moving Snell, that's the best solution.

OTOH, if Quintana and Tanaka can really move the needle for you, I'd deal Snell and a spare pitcher for them in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                If you can get Quintana without moving Snell, that's the best solution.

OTOH, if Quintana and Tanaka can really move the needle for you, I'd deal Snell and a spare pitcher for them in a minute.
                If I was able to get both of those guys for Snell and another pitcher, which pitcher would be best to try and include in that deal?
                Karns $10 2017
                Happ $1 2018
                An. Sanchez $9 2018

Comment

Anibal Sanchez in a second for me. I'm not sold on Karns, but he has some potential. Anibal is diminishing, IMO.

Comment

I asked him what he wanted for Quintana and he sent back Snell and K-Rod. It's a s+h league, but he had Perkins go down and save guys still have more value than hold guys.

Was gonna send him back An. Sanchez and J.Smith or Karns for Quintana. By watching him pitch on Monday, Happ looks pretty dang good now and I may want to hold onto him. He's also going deeper than Sanchez or Karns so QS's. Results are a lot better than previous and he just pitched that game in Fenway during the day and shut them down.

Comment

I need to revisit making a deal with him now that Richards is gone for the yr. Another owner has made him an offer for both Eovaldi and Quintana for Buxton.

I would like to get Quintana and Tanaka from him. Was thinking Snell and Happ but it may take more now that he knows Richards is gone and I may need help. I'm currently in 2nd (4 points out) going back and forth between 2-4.

So, Snell straight up for Quintana or try Snell and Happ for both? Again Snell is $5 for 3 yrs once activated and Happ is $1 through 2018. Quintana is $6 contract ends this yr and Tanaka is $5 but could be extended to $10 for next yr.

My current SPers are Odorizzi, Happ, Karns, Salazar and in reserve An. Sanchez and Tropeano

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X