ugh, gotta cut a pitcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugh, gotta cut a pitcher

Between injuries and not being able to convince our commissioner that I am getting unfairly hosed by something (see below) I really need to pick up at least one hitter this week. Which of these pitchers is the most expendable?

Guys that aren't going anywhere: Harvey, Stroman, Wacha, Velasquez, Gregerson
    Guys I would consider: Corbin, Andrew Miller, Pineda, Aaron Sanchez, Betances, Greene, DeSclafani, Moore

We start 9 so I have more than I need anyway. I could try to make a trade but I have my doubts I can get anything done in time.

Byung-Ho Park qualified at 1B during the draft, but apparently that was a "provisional" position and since he's played more than five games at DH and only two at 1B, he no longer qualifies at first.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I think that DeSclafani is the most fungible guy that you have...isn't he in the DL anyway?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think DeScalfani - then Greene - then Moore
      and your staff is too deep for a mixed league - you will likely go over any innings limit

Comment

Its clearly Greene for me. I may be biased though, as I was high on his value coming into last year. He had a .39 ERA after the first three starts, then got lit up the rest of the season. And I mean, the entire rest to the tune of a 6+ ERA. He finished the season at 6.88

Comment

Greene.

Comment

Yeah, it is clearly Greene for me as well. I actually am going to roll with him and his two starts next week, and I'm hopeful he recaptures some of that early season magic again. But as James pointed out, in the long run, the guy was a trainwreck last year and is likely to be again this year. And Daniel Norris will be back at some point as well.

Comment

Supposedly Greene's problem last year is that he had some nerve problem where he couldn't feel the tips of his fingers (I guess like Peyton Manning) and it affected his pitching, but it's better now.

DeSclafani is on the DL, but my two DL slots are being taken up by Schwarber and now Blackmon, so I'd activate him anyway.

We don't have an innings cap, just a minimum, and in previous years nobody except me ever streams two-start pitchers. I agree that I have too many pitchers though.

Thanks for the advice!
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

DeSclafani is the one to go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  Supposedly Greene's problem last year is that he had some nerve problem where he couldn't feel the tips of his fingers (I guess like Peyton Manning) and it affected his pitching, but it's better now.

DeSclafani is on the DL, but my two DL slots are being taken up by Schwarber and now Blackmon, so I'd activate him anyway.

We don't have an innings cap, just a minimum, and in previous years nobody except me ever streams two-start pitchers. I agree that I have too many pitchers though.

Thanks for the advice!
                  Reeeally.. I had not heard that, but it will defnitely be interesting to see how he does this first month or two based on that info. Correct me if im wrong, but i recall he had a good ST last year before carrying it over to the first three starts. Do you happen to know when the injury occured or when that started affecting him? Was it from the get-go last year or half way through?

Comment

Greene was definitely pitching hurt last season. He had aneurysm in his right hand and tried to pitch through that. So the drop in stats were directly connected to that injury. His velocity has returned so not saying he going Kershaw but he could be decent. Ausmus also stated that when Norris returns Greene may very well stay in the rotation. That being said I would say DeSclafani is my choice.

Comment

Apparently I didn't remember quite right. http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...o_go_from.html

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        Apparently I didn't remember quite right. http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...o_go_from.html
                        From what i got from the article, the problem of numbness in the fingers is better, but not fixed(the clots need time to naturally work themselves all out). I would still go with Greene as i like Desclafoni more, but I can see why youd be optimistic on Greene.

Comment

Working...
                        X