AL Keeper League - minors picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keeper League - minors picks

10-team 5x5 (OBP) keeper league, 12 hitters (1 C, 4 OF, 1 Util plus the usual), 9 pitchers, 2 bench

Minor leaguers are $5 and can be kept for free until they get called up, then they can be kept for 3 years, with a 4th year option at $10

I've got the 8th and 13th picks tomorrow and here are the best available:

AJ Reed
    Joey Gallo
    Lewis Brinson
    Blake Snell
    Rafael Devers
    Andrew Benintendi
    Alex Bregman
    Bradley Zimmer
    Jorge Mateo
    Clint Frazier
    Franklin Barreto
    Jurickson Profar
    Anderson Espinoza

Plus a bunch of other pitchers but they don't seem to be as popular, probably because it usually takes them a little longer to hit their peak so our limited contracts aren't as helpful. Since we only start 4 outfielders it always seems like there are more than enough quality ones to go around so ideally I'd like to get a position player. I'm pretty sure Reed and Gallo will be long gone as well as some of the other top ones on my list so I'm targeting Barreto or Mateo - anyone have a preference? I wouldn't mind getting Snell but besides him Espinoza is the only pitcher who intrigues me since he could be one of those super studs down the line (gonna have to wait a while though). Profar is interesting since he's still very young and is getting some work at SS in AAA right now - would he still be in consideration for my 2nd pick?

Anyway, how would you guys rank this list given the context of my league? Thanks!

How much do you care about whether a player is up this year?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

If you're looking for a possible top tier pitcher, then you might want to consider the Yankees James Kaprielian. He's out of UCLA and the talk is that he could be a quick riser. I also really like Mateo for top shelf speed and he's off to a great start at Tampa and should move to AA pretty quick, but his glove needs work if he's to stick at SS.

With the 8th pick, I doubt Reed, Gallo, Brinson, Snell, Benintendi, Bregman and Devers will still be around
      Last edited by price; 04-16-2016, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Eh, depends how the draft goes today but I've got a solid keeper list so I won't necessarily need any of these guys to contribute this year

Comment

I'd go Reed and Bregman 1 and 2...then the 3 Red Sox, then Brinson, Snell, and Gallo...I really like Benintendi...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Got Barreto and Profar - crossing my fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              Got Barreto and Profar - crossing my fingers!
              Both are solid picks...I suspect that Profar will need an injury or a trade to become something of value. Inexplicably, DeShields continues to play very well, which was the ticket I thought that profar needed.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm thinking Andrus is on pretty thin ice himself although he's off to a decent start so far. Either way, he seems like he'll either force his way onto the roster or be involved in a trade - one way or another he'll get some PT this year (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  I'm thinking Andrus is on pretty thin ice himself although he's off to a decent start so far. Either way, he seems like he'll either force his way onto the roster or be involved in a trade - one way or another he'll get some PT this year (I hope).
                  His contract is too big to eat, and probably too big to trade...it's a really shitty contract for the Rangers. It's basicly 14.5 million through 2022, so it's a sunk cost at this point. Profar is going to have to get PT some other way IMO...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X