Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only trade help.

5x5 12 team NL only

Conley and Story vs. Joe Ross and Billy Hamilton. Which side do you like better for this year?
    Last edited by Gregg; 04-13-2016, 03:20 PM. Reason: In a hurry and stupid

Probably Tyson and Hamilton, although I'm quickly souring on Billy. He just doesn't look like he's ever going to get it. But I do like Tyson, and I'm pretty consistent with my thinking that Story is going to be pretty ordinary once the pitchers get a book on him.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Conley and Story for me. I like Conley and Story is probably a 15/15 guy at least. I am just not a Billy Hamilton guy. Of course I have never even heard of Joe Tyson so that doesn't help. I play in a 12-team NL only with 8 farm players and 5 reserves... so if I've never heard of him, he can't be that big a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Conley and Story for me. I like Conley and Story is probably a 15/15 guy at least. I am just not a Billy Hamilton guy. Of course I have never even heard of Joe Tyson so that doesn't help. I play in a 12-team NL only with 8 farm players and 5 reserves... so if I've never heard of him, he can't be that big a deal.
        Pretty sure he means Joe Ross...mixed up brother Tyson's name as the family name. I can understand...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          5x5 12 team NL only

Conley and Story vs. Joe Tyson and Billy Hamilton. Which side do you like better for this year?
          For this year, presuming future salaries/contracts are not an issue, I prefer Hamilton over Story (understand the problems with Billy, but he is an absolute difference maker in SB even with his struggles) and Joe Tyson (whether it's Joe Ross or Tyson Ross) over Conley. If I owned Story, I would also be looking to sell high and not buy.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            It is Joe Ross. I really like him this year. Probably what makes me hesitate more than the Hamilton piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              For this year, presuming future salaries/contracts are not an issue, I prefer Hamilton over Story (understand the problems with Billy, but he is an absolute difference maker in SB even with his struggles) and Joe Tyson (whether it's Joe Ross or Tyson Ross) over Conley. If I owned Story, I would also be looking to sell high and not buy.
              I also agree... but this is close. I think the pitchers are pretty close and both are probably due for some bumps in the road this season. The hitters are also close, two flawed players, but Hamilton puts you in the hunt in SBs all by himself. Of course, Story has some speed himself. I guess if I already had a lot of team speed, I'd prefer Story, but if I needed the speed, I'd go with Hamilton.

But certainly a fair deal on both sides.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

I decided to pass on the trade.

With other injuries I do not have enough speed. And I just don't want to give up on Joe Tyson Ross.

I appreciate all of the input to help me with this one.

Comment

Working...
                X