Auction coming up tomorrow night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction coming up tomorrow night

Can still trade keepers for keepers. Would anyone trade Hamilton for Rizzo? Rizzo's at $39, Hamilton's at $22. I feel like I've got enough other speed on the team to finish decently, but the power is gone in the auction and I'm afraid I'm projected to be fairly far back in HR/RBI.

Yes...do it. Rizzo will steal 10-15 bags and outproduce Hamilton by miles in every other category.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

yep...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I hope you've already done this deal before the other owner sobers up.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd take Rizzo and the -$17 in auction budget. And I wouldn't think twice about it...
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I'd make the trade - especially if you say that you have speed and power is going to be scarce at the auction. Power typically goes at a premium in auctions; scarce power can push inflation to crazy heights. Yes, you're probably over-paying for Rizzo, however, he's been a steady performer (outside his 2013 BA debacle). If you look at past performance you can see Rizzo's numbers getting better - I don't see an upward trend in Hamilton's numbers.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
            X