Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my AL only auction..... HDID?

12 team AL only 5x5 roto keeper w/OBP.S+H,QS $260/310/340

Thanks to everyone that gave me input before my draft. There was high inflation for hitting and the top 4 SP's available.

Prior to the draft I traded Tollenson $6 for Karns $10 and Gary Sanchez. I also traded Colome $1 for the 11th pick in the reserve draft that got me Tropeano. I did not take in Cron and he was the only one I was on the fence about (he went for $2 in the draft). I did not trade the 1st overall pick and took A.J. Reed. MI was weak so I decided to take a pitcher instead since prices were pretty decent and get a MI filler in the reserve draft.

Keepers in bold

C Ianetta $5
    C McCann $14
    1B Hosmer $23
    2B Forsythe $3
    SS E.Escobar $21
    3B Longoria $24
    MI 10th pitcher option
    CI T.White $14
    OF Hicks $5
    OF Springer $15
    OF Gordon $23
    OF Rasmus $10
    OF Dickerson $16
    DH Arod $2

Active Reserves: Fuentes, E.Nunez
    Minor Reserves: A.J. Reed, Gary Sanchez, Jorge Mateo, Chance Cisco, Trey Mancini, Derek Fisher, Drew Jackson

SP Richards $10
    SP Odorizzi $5
    SP Salazar $15
    SP An. Sanchez $10
    SP Happ $2
    SP Karns $10
    SP Tillman $5
    CL K-Rod $9
    RP O'day $10
    RP Smith $3

Active Reserves: M.Lowe, N.Jones
    Minor Reserves: Blake Snell, Mike Clevinger, Tropeano (started this week and sat K-Rod 10th pitcher option)

Kept 12/$115 plus two minor league guys
    Needed 11/$145

End salary $254/$260 cap (only left about $6 on the table)
    Note: some auction prices, Donaldson $54, Altuve $51, C.Davis $48, EE $44, Frazier $40 H.Ramirez $38, pitchers Sale $53, Hernandez $47, Iwakuma $32

I think I'm a too light on Sb's. What do you guys think our my weaknesses?

Thanks guys!

Agree that speed is light. OBP looks reasonably good, power is solid. Probably enough good bats to paper over the lack of MI. Like the bullpen. QS looks to be an issue - Karns is definitely a risk to get pulled before he gets through 6, as is Odorizzi. Anibal and Happ are no great shakes either. Still, hopefully enough quantity to paper over it.

Comment

Was Escobar the last >$10 MI available at one point? $21?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Was Escobar the last >$10 MI available at one point? $21?
        Yes and I needed steals. He went for $25 last year. For MI what was available Altuve $51 (I was in the bid up to $43), Cano $39 (maybe should have spent the money on him and then try to trade him for steals), Dozier $34, Kipnis $30, Pedroia $29, Andrus $26, Desmond $29. I felt I needed a potential 20+ guy and other than Altuve and probably Andrus, thought Escobar might have the best shot. In the OF Dyson went for $24, Ellsbury $36 and Gardner $32.

Comment

It happens. I FAABed him for a buck last year and traded him to a dumper. He was not the centrepiece of the deal but does offer some value for this year.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
          X