Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Oswalt leaves Phills for personal reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Oswalt leaves Phills for personal reason?

A day after Roy Oswalt lasted three innings and 57 pitches in a 7-5 loss to the D-backs at Chase Field, the Phillies announced that the veteran right-hander had left the team for undefined personal reasons.

The length of the absence is still to be determined, a club spokesman said a few hours before the Phillies were to close a three-game series, but had nothing to do with any physical problems.

Anyone know why?

He did get pulled early last night but Manuel said he didnt have much stuff. Guess it was more than that.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Rumor has it that a family member lost their house in the tornado over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z Glider View Post
        Rumor has it that a family member lost their house in the tornado over the weekend
        Doesn't seem like something that needs to be kept hush hush.
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Statement from the team:

"There has been a tremendous amount of tornado activity near Roy's home in Mississippi resulting in several tragic deaths and significant devastation to the area. Because of this, Roy is concerned about his family's well-being. He has chosen to take time to make sure there wasn't significant damage to his home, but more importantly, to make certain that his wife and children are okay.

"It is almost a year to the day that his parents' home was destroyed by a tornado which has heightened his concern about the current situation.

"We are hopeful that he will rejoin the team for his next start, but will take that day by day."

Whew!
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
          X