Relief Pitcher Decision Before 1:00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief Pitcher Decision Before 1:00

This is a keep forever league. I have struggled for saves since this league started last year. My only Closer is Doolittle. I have been stocking up on longer term potential closers rather than paying 15 - 20% of my FAAB for speculative or questionable Closers (J. Gomez went last night for 15% of FAAB). I have T. Zych., Jimmy Cordero (we can keep up to 20 minor leaguers), Trevor May and Sergio Romo that fit into the potential Closer category. I picked up J. Grilli last night for $0. If I want to keep him, I would need to drop one of the guys I mentioned above before 1:00 today? I'm not sure Grilli is going to get many Saves as he came into the game last night when his team was trailing and he is 39 yrs. old. I am competitive this year, but doubt I can win with Doolittle as my only source of saves? I'm thinking I just toss Grilli back but thought I would get your thoughts.

Also, someone just dropped Greg Holland last night. We have 4 DL slots. Looking to next year do you think he would be worth trying to grab and stach on my DL? Don't know if gets the KC Closer job back, but I assume he will get a job somewhere? Thoughts?

Thanks.

I think Grilli is only closing again if some competitive team has more than one major injury. I wouldn't keep him.

As for Holland, note that he isn't actually on any team now and he isn't on the DL - is he still eligible to be picked up? I expect he'll get signed if he's healthy but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the eighth inning for a while.
    Last edited by mjl; 04-12-2016, 11:17 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I agree with mjl across the board. Someone will take a chance on Holland, but he'll have to prove he's all the way back before a team would even think of allowing him to close.

If your team is competitive, why not spend a chunk of your FAAB on closers, even if short term? Cobble together 20-25 saves plus Doolittle could really add some valuable points for your team.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X