Bench- Manaea $5
    Bench- Cody Reed $5
    Minors- Benintendi $10
    Minors- Fulmer $10
    Minors- Newcomb $10
    Minors- Snell $10
    DL - Schwarber $13
    DL - Will Smith $9

6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, K-BB and W, HD, SV, ERA, WHIP, K) 15-team league, $400 in-season cap

Been offered the following:
    Bradley Zimmer $5, Dahl $5, Wong $11, Zach Wheeler $1, Espinoza $1, Glasnow $1
    -FOR-
    Altuve, Bogaerts, Harper, Trout, Gray

Way too early to rebuild with players like that, and like ELD said, do not do that deal. It's a horrible deal for you...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Your team is too good to rebuild it now.

If it becomes time to rebuild you can get so much more for those players. I am assuming with that offer all the players on your side of the deal are X players. That still would be a bad trade for you. If they are not in their last years do not trade Trout or Harper build around them.

Lastly for you to place all those on one team would be bad for your league. Spread the wealth around. Learn how to trade. When it is time shop your guys get massive value.

Comment

1) Given your previous post - if you really really really want to trade away Trout and Harper, I'm not sure what this board is going to do to convince you otherwise.

2) If you're really not sure... just taking a piece of the trade at this point, how good do Zimmer, Dahl, and Wong have to be to be worth more than Harper, Bour, and Inciarte, who aren't in the trade but are representative of the kind of cheap available talent you have in this league?

Just going by ZiPS, for this year and not thinking too much about how much better or worse they'll be next year, your three are .280 avg, 62 HR, 232 R, 209 RBI, 33 SB-CS, 148 K-BB. Wong is .261 avg, 11 HR, 68 R, 56 RBI, 13 SB-CS, 57 K-BB.

So for that part of the trade to be even (admittedly your guys are $8 more, but you're the one taking on variance) Dahl and Zimmer have to both be around a .290 avg, 25 HR, 82 R, 77 RBI, 10 SB-CS, 45 K-BB. Interestingly, that's almost exactly Machado's projection (.288, 28, 80, 72, 11, 38) or a little worse than Goldschmidt's only in RBI (.288, 27, 75, 94, 11, 44). How confident are you that Dahl and Zimmer are at that level?

And if you are for some God-knows-what reason convinced of that, you're willing to trade Harper, Altuve, Bogaerts, and Gray (where at least Harper and Altuve are pretty underpriced, dunno about the others) for Zack Wheeler, Anderson Espinoza, and Tyler Glasnow? You think each of those guys is worth a little less than a guy coming off Tommy John, a very good prospect in Single-A, or admittedly a very good and cheap pitching prospect?

Going from your other post, if this guy adds JD Martinez $16 to the deal, and you remove most of the players from your side, there might be something there.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Are Trout, Harper, Altuve keepable at those prices? If so, consider your rebuild done, and you win. This is not the team you blow up. That deal is not within a nuclear blast of being near a good deal.

Comment

Your hitting is great. Pitching is pretty bad. I wouldn't be dumping with this team, but I would be looking to trade a stud hitter and get as much of an upgrade at P as you can.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Just curious - have you ever won a championship?

I have the feeling lots of folks are forever rebuilding.

I like to win and have mostly done so by not rebuilding for as long as possible.

Comment

1) It's never too early to rebuild/dump.
                2) Trout & Harper $25 seem like good keeper prices to me, but I could be wrong there.
                3) It's absolutely criminal to dump without letting all owners know that you are dumping and are open to hearing offers for Trout & Harper.

Comment

Having Trout, Harper and Altuve for $74 in a $400 league is rebuilding, isn't it?

Comment

He did say $400 in-season cap. I think it's probably a normal draft budget.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

You would be immediately kicked out of the league if you made that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Ah, my bad if that's the case. Those guys are still at keeper prices, though.
                        Eld was relying upon my bad. I'm pleading insanity. I think everything he said is still valid, though, in a $260 league, just to a slightly lesser degree. Wokka, wokka, wokka.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          You would be immediately kicked out of the league if you made that deal.
                          This.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I just went back to the first post to see if this was April Fools joke!
                            Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I've never won a title. The best I've done is finish in 8th last year.

It's a standard $260 auction budget with a $400 in-season cap.

I've had Trout since before he was Trout (hat tip to RHD and his rankings) and Harper since he was drafted. I don't want to trade either of them but I am tired of not finishing in the money. I keep getting offers from the same owner always after both of them, and they are always multiple players for both, not just one of them alone. I know if I moved both of them in one trade I wouldn't be coming back after spending 15 years in the league.

There's not much pitching available in FA, and trades are few and far between in this league BTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X