2K16: Jeanmar Gomez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16: Jeanmar Gomez

In an NL only 5x5 league, how hard would you go after Jeanmar Gomez in FAAB bidding? Having a second closer (however mediocre) could be huge for me. Probably only need to have that second closer for a month to make the difference.

Assuming $100, I might go $30, given your situation.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

i am in a ten team nl and am placing a small bet on him. i have no faith in him getting 10 saves this season.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I bid $9 on him in a 10 team NL league.

Comment

Went for 17 in 12to. It was a popular number as I also bid 17 but lost on a tiebreaker

Comment

He was won for $14 last night from the same owner who won Hinojosa last week. Not the strategy I would have used.

Comment

He went for nearly $30 in our league. virgonomic was spot on. I was willing to toss in a big bid but not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                He was won for $14 last night from the same owner who won Hinojosa last week. Not the strategy I would have used.
                It seems relatively smart to double down. It's only FAAB and (assuming this is roto scoring) saves are such an easy way to accrue additional points. It's a risk (because we still don't have a good idea of who winds up with saves in Philly), but once you make the first investment in Hinjosa, doubling down seems like a no-brainer decision.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I don't think Gomez will get more than a dozen saves but god knows who will get the chances in that bullpen...

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    I don't think Gomez will get more than a dozen saves but god knows who will get the chances in that bullpen...
                    I watched Gomez' saves. He's throwing 91 - 93 FB with nice horizontal movement and some sink. His change isn't great but he's keeping it low or out of the zone. No one he faced hit the ball hard (one line drive to shortstop was fairly well hit but short made a nice play). When i watched Papelbon he was only throwing a 91 FB but maybe with a little more deception. Gomez looking pretty good to me ...

Comment

Save # 3 tonight, with closers, it's all about the role, not the skills. With both Hernandez and Hinojosa struggling, it's his job for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Grabbed him in my Mixed league. He was already owned in my AFA league!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                        X