Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Berkman called out by Milo Hamilton

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ouston-return/

I think Milo's points are pretty fair here although it seems a bit over the top.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Berkman looks to be in better shape now than in the last few years in Houston.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      Berkman looks to be in better shape now than in the last few years in Houston.
      oh way better. He didnt get the name Fat Elvis for nothing.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

My idea of "fair" would be asking Berkman those questions directly and giving him a chance to respond. He did have some legit knee injuries that could have impacted his conditioning.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          My idea of "fair" would be asking Berkman those questions directly and giving him a chance to respond. He did have some legit knee injuries that could have impacted his conditioning.
          dont know what their relationship is like but yea I think that wouldve been the right approach. That said, I think the pudge came before the knee issues.

Comment

Isn't it only human nature to put in the minimum amount of effort for the maximum gain? Clearly Adrian Beltre's contract status directly affects his performance, as his two amazing seasons came in contract years. For some reason, we hold athletes to a higher standard than non-athletes.

In my line of work, I've had tryouts that would determine my wage, and in those tryout periods I certainly worked harder than I did once my wage was secured. I don't think that makes me a bad person, it just means that I put in more time and energy when there's more on the line. In Berkman's case, if he bombed in 2011 he would probably be forced to retire, which turned out to be the motivation he needed.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              dont know what their relationship is like but yea I think that wouldve been the right approach. That said, I think the pudge came before the knee issues.
              Since he's feeling brave, maybe he'd like to call out Houston's ownership for wrecking their farm system and turning their organization into a laughingstock.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                Since he's feeling brave, maybe he'd like to call out Houston's ownership for wrecking their farm system and turning their organization into a laughingstock.
                there isnt enough time on an Astros broadcast for that rant.

Comment

Working...
                X