a.l. redraft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.l. redraft...

Joined an a.l., 5x5, 12 team only re draft, we went at it this evening.

c b.mccann 19
    1b c.santana 17
    2b j.altuve 40
    3b t.plouffe 13
    ss gregorius 6
    mi b.miller 14
    ci y.alonzo 1
    of n.aoki 17
    of betts 36
    of m.byrd 1
    of choo 16
    of b.holt 14
    u v.martinez 5

p a.chapman 14
    p c.kimbrel 19
    p kela 2
    p cobb 2
    p darvish 10
    p k.gibson 2
    p hahn 1
    p moore 9
    p e.ramirez 1

bench: c.young of, j.chavez, w.harris, s.manaea, t.skaggs

Offense is fine but I am hurting for starting pitching. I actually planned on buying a less than $15 pitching staff but used HQ, and the system told me I was getting bargains on kimbrel ($6) and champman ($5) so I scooped them up and went looking for something, anything to run out there for starting pitching...
    Last edited by wannabegriffey; 04-09-2016, 01:21 AM.

Yep, nice offense not enough pitching.

Trades are in your future.

Comment

12-team AL only...your offense is excellent. Great closers for $33. SPs...yeah that's not good. I think you have two options - deal some of your OF strength for SP help, or dump your ratio risk pitchers and pick up strong MRs and dump Ws and Ks.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Such a good LIMA staff. I'd be hesitant to add cheap SPs to it. What's your IP minimum? Light on power and Choo's injury hurts, but maybe if you could swing Gibson or Hahn for a usable bat?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Such a good LIMA staff. I'd be hesitant to add cheap SPs to it. What's your IP minimum? Light on power and Choo's injury hurts, but maybe if you could swing Gibson or Hahn for a usable bat?
          Only 900 innings minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
            Only 900 innings minimum.
            Yeah, I mean, Chapman, Kimbrel, Kela is awesome for 150 innings. And it could be 180-200 Ks. Darvish when he comes back. Moore when he's healthy. Eraser whenever he gets into the rotation. Maybe Hahn gives you 100 good innings. (I'd try to trade Cobb, just because there may be believers out there, but he also fits the bill if you don't). You'll have to lean heavily on Gibson to get to 900 (which may not be great, but you have a good cushion) but I think the potential is there. You might not even finish last in Ks.

Comment

JCs concept is a good one, though I'd math it a little differently.

Your three present RPs = 180 innings
              Add one good ratio, frequent use MR = 70 innings
              Darvish = 80 innings
              Erasmo = 130 innings

Subtotal - 5 pitchers, 460 innings. Need 440 innings out of last four pitchers.

Of your SPs, I'd be looking to deal Moore and Cobb. Moore could be a one-man wrecking crew to your WHIP, with the point or two you might gain from his Ks more than offset by the many you could drop in WHIP. The uncertainty around Cobb I think requires you to deal him, too.

That leaves you with Hahn, Gibson, Skaggs, and one more pitcher to get you 440 innings. That looks very likely to me.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X