Drop D. Santana for Soler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop D. Santana for Soler?

In the wake of the Schwarber injury, if Soler plays every day for a month, is he a better gamble in my team's OF than Domingo Santana (the guy i would have to drop)? My concern is regular PT will probably be fairly irregular on that crowded CHC roster as the season advances.

Hmmmm....one would think Soler is the beneficiary of an extended Schwarber absence, but Santana is already playing everyday. Tough call here. Is there anyone else you can drop?

Comment

Not really ... I am in a daily subs H2H league, so I need a backup at every position. My lineup looks like this (we use CAREER position eligibility):
      C - Carlos Santana/Wieters
      1B - Abreu/Cron
      2B - Cano/Phillips
      3B - Longoria/Plouffe
      SS - Crawford/Suarez
      OF - Springer, Peralta, Duda, K. Davis, D. Santana
      The MIs have to be retained, so the obvious weak links are Cron and K. Davis ... but both project a lot of power potential and our scoring loves power.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I'd keep Santana, although I do like Soler pretty well.
        I sort of feel the same way ... I wish they'd move Santana down into the middle of the order in Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nor'easters View Post
          I sort of feel the same way ... I wish they'd move Santana down into the middle of the order in Milwaukee.
          That'll only happen if one of the CFs shows enough to be considered at the top of the order. Or if Braun or Lucroy get hurt or traded.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Soler has the goods, but can't seem to put it together. I'd stick with Domingo.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

If you can wait for the news on Schwarber, I'd do that. If the MRI shows he will be out half the season or something like that, I'd roll the dice on Soler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                IF you can wait for the news on Schwarber, I'd do that. If the MRI shows he will be out half the season or something like that, I'd roll the dice on Soler.
                That's been my thinking, though it sure looked bad on the video. He was a third-rate fielder to begin with, and they won't be eager to rush his glove back onto the field. I think there could be a knee issue too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nor'easters View Post
                  That's been my thinking, though it sure looked bad on the video. He was a third-rate fielder to begin with, and they won't be eager to rush his glove back onto the field. I think there could be a knee issue too.
                  ESPN's Buster Olney reports that there is "a lot of concern within the Cubs organization" about Kyle Schwarber (ankle/knee).
                  Initial X-rays after Schwarber exited Thursday's game following a collision in the outfield came back negative, and he was diagnosed with a sprained left ankle. However, he's slated to undergo more tests Friday -- including an MRI -- and Olney says there is more concern about Schwarber's left knee than ankle. An update from the Cubs isn't expected until later Friday, but it looks like this could be an extended absence. Jorge Soler will pick up most of the at-bats in left field while Schwarber is out, and the Cubs could also use Kris Bryant some in left and put Tommy La Stella at third base. It also means more playing time for Miguel Montero.
                  Source: Buster Olney on TwitterApr 8 - 12:28 PM

Comment

I'd drop Cron if you really want to add Soler. Soler can fill into any of your 5 OF spots when one of them has an off day, while Cron can only backup Abreu(hes gonna have less off days than your 5 OF combined) or CI if you have it. Id probably do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                      I'd drop Cron if you really want to add Soler. Soler can fill into any of your 5 OF spots when one of them has an off day, while Cron can only backup Abreu(hes gonna have less off days than your 5 OF combined) or CI if you have it. Id probably do it.
                      Excellent point! And Cron has pretty much no upside, so i took your advice and moved him for Soler. Done and done.

Comment

Working...
                      X