No announcement yet.

2K16: Juan Nicasio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was lucky to get him in my 16 team league. We have a slow draft that starts in February. We were done before he made the Pirates. I have already turned down trade offers.

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    If the Pirates are smart they will use him like the Rays used Karns last year - twice through the order and that's it. Keeping him to 70-80 pitches will alleviate the fact that he just didn't throw that many innings last year. With Feliz looking awesome, Watson/Caminero/Melancon and even useful performances from Luebke and Kyle F'in Lobstein, the Pirates can afford to lean on their bullpen.

James (not Jimmer?) Fredette is 100% right - this is the kind of pitcher Searage helps best. Only 2 pitches, not enough ground balls, platoon split. Get him to bust lefties inside and work on a 2-seamer. A very poor man's AJ Burnett starter kit.
    The Royals paradym. In some ways it's scary how much the Pirates, Royals and Giants are alike.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

nicasio is falling apart today. can't seem to find the plate and when it does it's a hit. 4 runs and 68 pitches through 2 innings...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Juan, meet Earth....Earth, meet Juan.

Comment

This guy sucks.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            This guy sucks.
            Today was brutal. Not a Matzian meltdown, but still.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Today was brutal. Not a Matzian meltdown, but still.
              True. I was kind of kidding and making fun of myself since I was talking about how I had a great keeper at $1 earlier in the thread.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I think that the Ray searage effect is somewhat limited to pitchers who actually have talent and something of a track record of success. Burnett came to the Pirates with a record of modest success, and a hell of a fastball. Liriano was good, and has a great slider, which Searage was able to harness, for the most part. I think that Feliz will fall into that category because he has had success, fallen, but still has a great arm. Nicasio, I don't see the same pattern other than a big fastball...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  nicasio is falling apart today. can't seem to find the plate and when it does it's a hit. 4 runs and 68 pitches through 2 innings...
                  Everyone struggling in the early going. Tough to evaluate pitchers now.

Comment

As a previous owner I didn't get involved in the bidding. As Eldiablo stated great one day the next is WTF. I watch part of the game yesterday and he was exactly the pitcher I remember.

Comment

Working...
                    X