No announcement yet.

My first RJEL Auction, of course--HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first RJEL Auction, of course--HDID?

18 team mixed 5x5 OBP instead of Avg, 1 Ca, 2 Ut, 5 bench 15 minors.

Keepers in bold:

Ca Castillo $1
    1b Freeman $15
    3b Arenado $14 (2year extention)
    CI Franco $4

2b Cano $38
    SS Andrus $23
    Mi Schoop $5
    Of Burns $1
    Of Pillar $1
    Of K Davis $6
    Of Bradley Jr $8
    Of R Davis $4
    Ut Gattis $14
    UT W Ramos $2

Bn Owings $6
    Bn M Upton $1

Minors that made OD Roster:

Jankowski

Sp Price $32
    Sp Liriano $23
    Sp Pineda $17
    Sp Ar Sanchez $5
    Sp Finnegan $3
    Sp C Young $1
    Sp Luebke $1
    Rp Quack $3
    Cl Rodney $10
    Cl perkins $17

Bn Jepson $3
    Bn Morrow $1

Minors who made OD roster

Rea
    Perdomo
    M Feliz

My Strategy was to keep as much hitting as I could and add one or two big bats then find value, keep one stud arm and add another then go solid the next three with no more than 30 on closers.

Cover, cover, cover my choices.

I went strong in the middle with Cano and Andrus, getting what i wanted done. Picked up Owings because after the first month he will have OF elig making him a pretty valuable fill in. Grabbed Melvin because between he and Janko there is a full time player with decent stats. High on Bradly so I got him too. Gattis will be back soon and Ramos is an easy fill till he comes back. I live with Raji until owings gets OF eligability or Jank/melvin come though (or maybe hit the FAAB trail early)

Things went about as planned though I did want Olivera who I ran out of money at $10 so missed him--my only hitter regret.

I'm glad I kept Price at $32 because top arms went $40+ and a lot higher. Grabbed Liriano for a solid value then added Pineda to go with a kept A Sanchez (whom I think will be excellent this year) and a steady end game C Young. For the foundation of my rotation. I added Rodney (didn't really want him, but...) and Perkins and grabbed their Cuffs. Took a shot on Luebke and Finnegan, both who I believe are low risk, High reward guys and finally Morrow whom will take Rea's spot once he returns (if he returns) Again, covering an asset.

Feliz and Perdomo have great stuff and either could do nothing this year or make an impact.

I guess to me, this team is boom or bust as a top contender, but should finish upper middle of th pack, but maybe I'm just feeling froggy.

Thanks in Advanced for your input and thanks to the guys for letting me join, it's be a blast so far!

B
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I guess the first rule of an RJEL auction is that we don't talk about an RJEL auction :P
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

GITH, that's a very solid team. I like how you handcuffed the closers- a must with those two- and your SP buys are solid. You'll need to watch/manage WHIP carefully. You might be speed heavy and power light - Andrus, Rajai Davis, Pillar, and Burns all give you great SBs but almost no HR and few RBI. You might have enough in the big bats to cover, but those four plus possibly Bradley, seem like a lot of power black holes. But you're a monster in R/SBs. OBP might not be pretty, either.

For an 18-teamer, I think you'll be very competitive. You have a lot of pieces to deal with, too.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Did the overall auction results get posted anywhere?
        I love the keepers, they're so strong you could obviously afford to go big. I, umm, really like $38 for Cano and bet he hits 4 home runs in his first 4 games. I'll be be interested in seeing how much similar players went for. Rest of them seem to fit near expected prices in a keeper league that deep, which is valuable given how good the keepers are.
        Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 04-06-2016, 04:13 PM.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Did the overall auction results get posted anywhere?
          I love the keepers, they're so strong you could obviously afford to go big. $38 for Cano seems really super high, I'll be be interested in seeing how much similar players went for. Rest of them seem to fit near expected prices in a keeper league that deep, which is valuable given how good the keepers are.
          It's on the site but here are some prices

EE 51
          Joey bats 56
          McCuthc 56
          Upton 50
          pujols 31
          braun 41
          Miggy 48
          C Gomez 45
          Scherzer 45
          Heyward 39
          Harvey 40
          A Jones 41
          Kemp 34
          Stras 41
          Belt 34
          Machado 53
          Kershaw 58
          A Gonzales 38

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I agree, GITH will need power.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            GITH, that's a very solid team. I like how you handcuffed the closers- a must with those two- and your SP buys are solid. You'll need to watch/manage WHIP carefully. You might be speed heavy and power light - Andrus, Rajai Davis, Pillar, and Burns all give you great SBs but almost no HR and few RBI. You might have enough in the big bats to cover, but those four plus possibly Bradley, seem like a lot of power black holes. But you're a monster in R/SBs. OBP might not be pretty, either.

For an 18-teamer, I think you'll be very competitive. You have a lot of pieces to deal with, too.

Comment

You did better than I thought you did last night...lots of Padres late IIRC.

I'll echo the others...light on power, lots of speed, maybe we can make a deal later. Not a big fan of your pitching other than Price and Liriano, too many questions at closer, too many questions at the lower starter positions. That said, with some sound moves during the season, you should be able to compete.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Looks like a solid team in an 18 teamer. Good job GITH
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Doig-

I agree with most of the others. You are going to need power, and maybe a lot of it. You have a good deal of hitters in bad parks/teams/offenses, so you may struggle in R/RBI, even if you get some unexpected HR production. I really love your CI, Freeman, Arenado and Franco for $33. You will beed to beef up at OF, though, not a lot of production (outside of some speed) is going to come out of there, but then you only paid $20 for it, which without looking, might be the cheapest OF by $30.

I like some of your pitching. I really wanted Quack and Finnegan cheap late, but you got me on both of them. You also have some question marks. I feel this is not the worst problem to have, because in an 18-team mixed there is always useable pitching just sitting there to be had for $1 FAAB. Some of the repair work can be done easily, on the cheap. Hitters, not so much.

You have speed, and some awesome keepers, so there's enough of a base to still build a contender, but you are not done.

Comment

Working...
                  X