Opening Day 2016!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day 2016!

And snow on the ground in Pittsburgh! WTF?

Luckily, it's just a light dusting. Pittsburgh game time weather is supposed to be partly cloudy with temperatures in the 40's. Not exactly perfect. But, hey it's opening day! So, play ball!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

We had snow yesterday in the Detroit metro area. Right now it's balmy 28 degrees. A few more degrees and we can put our shorts on. Ready for the 1st pitch!

Comment

Tied for the league lead in RBIs right now, Francisco Liriano.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

In addition to the NYY-HOU game being rained out, the BOS-CLE game was postponed.

Sonny Gray also was scratched as the A's starter tonight, replaced by Rich Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Sonny Gray also was scratched as the A's starter tonight, replaced by Rich Hill.
          Due to food poisoning, not a physical issue.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

more like opening game......
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

And Bumgarner sucking due to the flu.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

it seems like it has turned into batting practice in Milwaukee......
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

says the Sale owner who was worried about a ND........

fingers crossed
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    And Bumgarner sucking due to the flu.
                    And he suffered through 5 innings just to get all of his fantasy owners the win. That should make up for the upcoming 1-0 loss to Kershaw this weekend.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Kershaw and Jake keep on keeping on!! They both looked filthy.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                      X