10-team NL hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team NL hdid

Every year I tell myself I'm going to buy one of the few expensive players, and then they get bid up to 50 and I decide maybe not. This year was no exception; Stanton went for $55 (I think this is the first $50+ player we've had), Rizzo was $50, and Dee Gordon was $44. Granted, all three went to a rebuilding team with almost no keeper list who is obviously planning to flip them, but someone else bid a dollar lower on each... Greinke was the most expensive pitcher available at $39.

Keepers in bold. 5x5 using AVG.

C: Schwarber $13
    C: Norris $10
    1B: Goldschmidt $20
    2B: LeMahieu $7
    SS: Aybar $8
    3B: Carpenter $31
    CI: Paulsen $6
    MI: Hill $1
    OF: Pederson $5
    OF: Peralta $8
    OF: Revere $26
    OF: Span $18
    OF: Brito $7
    UT: Ahmed $1

Bench/minors (most prices set by round drafted): Blash $12, Kike Hernandez $10, Nieuwenhuis $10, RLiriano $10, Hanson $10, Walsh $10, Meadows $10, Happ $8, MReed $5, Randolph $5, Hazelbaker $5, Shaw $5

P: Arrieta $15
    P: Chen $12
    P: Conley $5
    P: Hammel $8
    P: Jansen $26
    P: Kazmir $13
    P: Roark $2
    P: Rondon $10
    P: TRoss $6

Bench/minors: Chase Anderson $10, Caminero $10, JLopez $10, Montas $5, Capps $5

The projections for the guy running the draft have me in third with excellent pitching and not enough HR/RBI, which looks believable. I hope Blash goes nuts.
    Last edited by mjl; 04-03-2016, 02:36 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

That looks like a very balanced and competitive team. You might be a tad low on power but you've got plenty of speed and can probably make a trade if needed. Starting pitching is also a bit light but I'm a big fan of both Chen and Conley so you might be okay after all. You've got quite the advantage being able to keep both Jansen and Rondon - closers are a shitshow in the NL and getting 2 of the top 5 will really help you.

Comment

I really like it. Maybe a little light on power but the pitching is really, really good.

Comment

Working...
      X