Heyward 42
    Rizzo 63
    Ad Gonzalez 41
    Freeman 39
    Strasburg 39
    S Marte 58
    Mccutchen 58
    Pollock 58

I am the lucky Pollock winner, at time of purchase he was a comp to S Marte, my values have them as interchangeable. I picked wrong horse.

sorry man. you can't do anything about it-- it's not like you made a poor selection or choked at the table.
    thx for the input on the other $$s

Comment

gcstomp, what does the rest of your squad look like?

Comment

My team is still, even with losing most expensive player I have ever owned, solid mid tier. I had one of the better keeper lists, and rest of auction went fine. Team with best keeper list was Angry Man, who swooped up Rizzo 63, and Mccutch 58, which is what I intended to do, but couldnt hang with the Rizzo bidding. Sigh, hoping to hear from somr of league, I know someone left 29 unspent, was hoping to hear that thought process.

Comment

Sorry Glen, you really took a bad beat there, literally about an hour after you bought him too...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Crazy numbers. A little more about your league? Keeper? Inflation %? Auction $?

Comment

Just to give a little idea of what things are like in the league, this is my team, and I had some really bad keepers. Salaries are bold...

POS PLAYERS 4/3-4/10 PROJ ACTUAL OWN START SALARY CONTRACT BA R HR RBI SB
              C Nick Hundley C | COL Home: 3 (SD) Away: 3 (@ARI) 128 N/A 31% 20% 2 2 0.000 0 0 0 0

1B Paul Goldschmidt 1B | ARI Home: 7 (COL,CHC) Away: 0 2 N/A 99% 99% 67 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

2B Jace Peterson 2B | ATL Home: 5 (WAS,STL) Away: 0 175 N/A 6% 2% 5 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

3B Josh Harrison 2B,3B,OF | PIT Home: 3 (STL) Away: 3 (@CIN) 111 N/A 76% 46% 6 G17 0.000 0 0 0 0

SS Ruben Tejada SS | STL Home: 0 Away: 6 (@PIT,@ATL) 309 N/A 1% 0% 1 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

MI Dilson Herrera 2B | NYM Home: 3 (PHI) Away: 2 (@KC) 168 N/A 4% 0% 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

CI Mark Reynolds 1B,3B | COL Home: 3 (SD) Away: 3 (@ARI) 325 N/A 3% 1% 7 2 0.000 0 0 0 0

OF Adonis Garcia OF,3B | ATL Home: 5 (WAS,STL) Away: 0 137 N/A 32% 9% 1 2 0.000 0 0 0 0

OF Cole Gillespie OF | MIA Home: 2 (DET) Away: 3 (@WAS) 389 N/A 0% 0% 1 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

OF Hunter Pence OF | SF Home: 4 (LAD) Away: 3 (@MIL) 43 N/A 97% 87% 34 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

OF Gregory Polanco OF | PIT Home: 3 (STL) Away: 3 (@CIN) 77 N/A 84% 57% 5 2 0.000 0 0 0 0

OF Jorge Soler OF | CHC Home: 0 Away: 6 (@LAA,@ARI) 160 N/A 42% 12% 5 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

DH Eric Campbell 3B | NYM Home: 3 (PHI) Away: 2 (@KC) 375 N/A 0% 0% 1 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

DH Tyler Flowers C | ATL Home: 5 (WAS,STL) Away: 0 186 N/A 3% 2% 2 1 0.000 0 0 0 0

EDIT POS PLAYERS 4/3-4/10 PROJ ACTUAL OWN START SALARY CONTRACT ERA WHIP W K S

P Yimi Garcia P | LAD Home: 0 Away: 7 (@SD,@SF) 210 N/A 5% 3% 1 2 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Chris Hatcher P | LAD Home: 0 Away: 7 (@SD,@SF) 397 N/A 1% 0% 1 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Daniel Hudson P | ARI Home: 7 (COL,CHC) Away: 0 378 N/A 2% 1% 1 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Cory Luebke P | PIT Home: 3 (STL) Away: 3 (@CIN) 400 N/A 0% 0% 1 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Jake McGee P | COL Home: 3 (SD) Away: 3 (@ARI) 101 N/A 59% 46% 23 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Addison Reed P | NYM Home: 3 (PHI) Away: 2 (@KC) 393 N/A 4% 2% 1 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Hansel Robles P | NYM Home: 3 (PHI) Away: 2 (@KC) 217 N/A 3% 1% 2 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Max Scherzer P | WAS Home: 3 (MIA) Away: 2 (@ATL) 9 N/A 97% 96% 45 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P James Shields P | SD Home: 3 (LAD) Away: 3 (@COL) 79 N/A 95% 82% 19 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Tom Koehler P | MIA Home: 2 (DET) Away: 3 (@WAS) 182 N/A 10% 2% 1 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Robbie Ray P | ARI Home: 7 (COL,CHC) Away: 0 121 N/A 24% 6% 5 2 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Hyun-Jin Ryu P | LAD Home: 0 Away: 7 (@SD,@SF) 257 N/A 30% 3% 8 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Alex Wood P | LAD Home: 0 Away: 7 (@SD,@SF) 134 N/A 45% 17% 14 G17 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

P Brandon McCarthy P | LAD Home: 0 Away: 7 (@SD,@SF) 559 N/A 2% 0% 1 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0
              Last edited by Hornsby; 04-02-2016, 11:32 AM.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

League details, long time running 12 tm NL 5x5, $265 for 23 active + 5 reserve, 8 farm keepers, who when brought up are in year 0, then following 2 years are still at $5 before having to be extended. Over the many years league has been tweaked and refined to this glorious project that we all are proud to be a part of, and is the main and favorite league of most everyone in it. I was under impression that most of league was part of RJ, but maybe not the case anymore. We share a common detest of those who come in with comments on how to "improve" the inflation situation, as this is the end result of many miles of broken glass walked with bare feet over these many years.

Really, great league, I dropped every league I was in except for this one as I have had some personal losses/issues and roto in general seemed absurd, but I would have regretted letting go of this one.

Comment

Agree - I am in 3 RJ centric leagues and there is no auction like 12TO. Some of it is personality driven but inflation was 40%. We just don't spread that out though so it all gets pushed towards whatever studs aren't kept. I fully intended to buy Rizzo as well but balked at 62 and think I was at 66 for Goldy. Another factor driving prices are we aren't shy about rebuilding. I myself will be rebuilding this year so taking a stars and scrubs approach to the auction makes sense so as to acquire pieces to trade. These weren't the pieces I "intended to get but happy with my $39 Strasburg, $31 Lester and $41 A-Gonz to go with my $45 Posey keeper and $30 Jansen keeper. Let the trading begin!!

Comment

The funny thing is that about half the league is in an AL together too but prices are nowhere near as insane. AL has same setup as well in terms of Farms and such but much lower inflation.

Comment

Used to be in this league. Actually me and Frae were original members way back in I think 01 or 02. That first draft online in the chat room went all the way through the night into the morning. Inflation prices doesn't surprise me. It been that way since forever. I do feel your pain Stomp. That is a ton of salary to go out the window. Is Goldy the highest ever player at $67?

Comment

Yeah this league is always nuts. I won last year thanks in part to cheap expiring Stanton and Frazier. Came in this year with a pretty so-so keeper list:

Kershaw $45
                        Inciarte $10
                        Lemahieu $14
                        Shelby Mlller $13
                        Carpenter $14 expiring
                        Solarte $12
                        Suarez $11
                        Ethier $3
                        Roark $5

Coming in with only about $130, I decided I would stay out of the fray for the crazy expensive players and try to get a starter at every position. I also figured I'd leverage Kershaw and Miller to get some cheap pitchers and still compete in ratios. Hitting plan went reasonably well. Pitching plan, not so much.

C AJ Ellis $1
                        1B/3B/CI Solarte $11/Carpenter $14/David Wright $17
                        2B/SS/MI Lemaheiu $14/Suarez $11/Neil Walker $23
                        OF Ethier $3/Inciarte $10/Fowler $26/Granderson $24/Span $25
                        UT Jon Jay $6/Bourjos $1

Bench - Tony Wolters, Stephen Drew, Ryan Raburn, Brett Wallace

SP - Kershaw $45/Miller $13/Roark $5/Heston $3/Chad Bettis $2/Erlin $1/Bud Norris $1
                        RP - Ottavino $2/Bastardo $1

Bench - Frias $1

Comment

Ok, I am exhausted, just did the AL Version of this league, but here is how it went for me.

Came in with...
                          D Gordon 11
                          J Votto 41
                          J Turner 1
                          C Blackmon 8
                          J Pederson 5

Greinkie 30
                          Matz 5
                          Watson 1
                          Melancon 8

My 10th was Will Smith, but I dropped him when the injury news came out. So I have some nice speed with Gordon/Blackmon. I also had 2 CI guys so I wanted an OF from the top tier. I decided to target Stanton or Cutch. Cutch came out first of the two and went to $58. I balked at paying $59 because while Cutch is safer and a more rounded fantasy player I thought my biggest weakness was power. I was not pretty much all in on Stanton and got him for $55 which in this league I thought was reasonable.

After spending that $55 and the Votto/Greinkie combo of keepers I sat tight for a while. I eventually paid up for Phillips, $27, I needed another MI and the speed/avg was ok. The price is not great, but sometimes you just have to get your money in the middle. I added another BA anchor and power guy in C Carter for $19. So if Carter and Pederson can be .230-.240 hitters Votto/Gordon/Turner should be able to hold me up.

I added WY Chen for $17, solid and reliable moving to MIA. Kazmir for $11, I think the velocity stuff is a little over blown and he has posted enough of a track record now for me to buy in. Also he is on a winning team and wins do matter.

The best of the rest, Adam Warren for $5 and Chris Owings for $5, I needed a SS and did not know I was getting a CF'er. The back of the NL sucks, it is abysmal and painful. I didn't spend much else on pitching since I have Glasnow and Urias in my farm. Hopefully at least one of them helps soon. Here is the full mess...

C AJ Pierzinsky 4
                          1B Votto 41
                          2b Gordon 11
                          3b Turner 1
                          SS Owings 5
                          MI Phillips 27
                          CI C Carter 19
                          OF Blackmon 8
                          OF Pederson 5
                          OF Presley 1
                          OF Stanton 55
                          OF Ichiro 1
                          DH Colin Walsh 1
                          DH Michael Morse

RSV C Bethancourt 1
                          RSV Yad Rivera 1
                          RSV D Sweeney ( I can't keep him, in my very tired mind i confused the IP min with AB min for rookies)

WY Chen 17
                          Z Greinkie 30
                          S Kazmir 11
                          S Matz 5
                          Melancon 8
                          T Watson 1
                          Bry Morris 1
                          Neil Ramirez 1
                          A Warren 5

B Boyer 1
                          M Cain 1

Glasnow, Urias, R Stephenson Farm
                          Last edited by frae; 04-03-2016, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            Used to be in this league. Actually me and Frae were original members way back in I think 01 or 02. That first draft online in the chat room went all the way through the night into the morning. Inflation prices doesn't surprise me. It been that way since forever. I do feel your pain Stomp. That is a ton of salary to go out the window. Is Goldy the highest ever player at $67?
                            As was I, and baldgriff and JC. The first draft was in 2000. AOL IM was a really, really crappy auction mechanism, but there were no other alternatives back then.

I remember a year when Bri (remember him?) bought three Rockie SP and Kirk Reuter. First time I'd ever seen a "punt ERA and WHIP" strategy employed.

I left when the farm-price rules were changed because I knew it would lead to this type of inflation. No grudges against those who like it that way; I just don't. Some people enjoy doing deep research into minor league players, but I don't.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

My team:
                              C T D'arnaud 5*
                              1b R Zimmerman 26
                              2b C Hernandez 6*
                              3b C Spangenberg 1*
                              SS A Ramirez 14
                              MI J Gyorko 9
                              CI K Bryant 5*
                              OF B Harper 25*
                              OF M Holliday 24
                              OF S Piscotty 5*
                              OF Pollock 58
                              OF Markakis 11
                              DH R Flores 1
                              DH Szczur 1

P Bumgarner 37
                              P J Fernandez 10*
                              P Corbin 4*
                              P R dela Rosa 3*
                              P Locke 1
                              P Hernandez 10
                              P Delgado 1*
                              P Howell 1
                              P Caminero 2

Some holes, short 2 hitters in dh slot, and could use another SP, but every team has some holes in this league. If I had bought literally any of the other $55+ pricey guys I would think I was a lock for a money team, as it is I will play for pride.

Comment

Working...
                              X