Travis Shaw or Yosmani Tomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Shaw or Yosmani Tomas?

Just picked up Travis Shaw off waivers in this 6x6 roto dynasty league (Walks extra batting category) and have been offered Y. Tomas for him. While I like Shaw I am a little concerned that he may not hold the position all year. How do you feel about him vs Y. Tomas. Who would you rather have for this year?

Thanks.

With AJ Pollock being broken, Tomas has a lot more opportunity to earn PT. I think I still take Shaw and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Batteredballs View Post
      Just picked up Travis Shaw off waivers in this 6x6 roto dynasty league (Walks extra batting category) and have been offered Y. Tomas for him. While I like Shaw I am a little concerned that he may not hold the position all year. How do you feel about him vs Y. Tomas. Who would you rather have for this year?

Thanks.
      I'd go with Tomas with the Pollock developments. He's going to have to play, and money is always an object. In these cases, Tomas was paid a lot to sign with Arizona, and he hadn't played in a long time. In Shaw's case, Boston paid Panda 90+ million to play 3rd. I suspect this is an object lesson and Panda will be there full time in May, or even earlier.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd go with Tomas with the Pollock developments. He's going to have to play, and money is always an object. In these cases, Tomas was paid a lot to sign with Arizona, and he hadn't played in a long time. In Shaw's case, Boston paid Panda 90+ million to play 3rd. I suspect this is an object lesson and Panda will be there full time in May, or even earlier.
        I agree, Shaw probably gets benched with his first mini-slump unless Boston somehow finds a taker for Sandoval.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Would you guys rather have Tyler White over these two?

Comment

Oh, heck yes.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
              Would you guys rather have Tyler White over these two?
              No, I think that White is going to be an afterthought by June...other than a great batting eye, I don't see a lot to like there.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                No, I think that White is going to be an afterthought by June...other than a great batting eye, I don't see a lot to like there.
                I agree. White is a really cool story. But he really doesn't have enough power for a firstbaseman, and he has A.J.Reed pushing right behind him. Not to mention a bunch of other guys who could take his place depending on circumstances until Reed is ready (and/or passes Super 2 status.) While he's worth the small price tag he's probably going for in most drafts, Tomas and Shaw are both better gambles IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                X