Can someone give me there opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone give me there opinion

I keep a file containing hitters and pitchers.

When I input their earned dollars from a previous year, I use a 67/33 split (my main league falls into this range). However, when I compute projections for upcoming season, I run it as a 70/30 split (I buy more offense than the usual roto player).

My question is this: Should I project prices using the same 67/33 split similar to previous years earning history or am I already projecting properly using my preferred 70/30 split for upcoming auction spending ?

Thanks
    Last edited by wannabegriffey; 03-31-2016, 01:09 PM.

I'd do the 67/33 split. That way, you don't inflate values for the hitters that you prefer to buy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
      I'd do the 67/33 split. That way, you don't inflate values for the hitters that you prefer to buy anyway.
      Agree - you want the values to best reflect what the league will most likely value players at. That'll theoretically allow you to spend the extra cash on hitting to the best value,
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I like the 70/30, but I think it depends on the way you make decisions in the moment.

If you normally bid over your own values anyway, go with the 67/33.
        But for me, I need my spreadsheet to have the high value, because I'm very conservative once things start moving. If I know that I want Trout at 57, I need my spreadsheet to say 57. Because if the spreadsheet says 43, I'm going to let him go at 44 and be mad at myself later.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
        X