Best of a Bad Lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of a Bad Lot?

I am currently rostering Jess Hahn in this 15 team dynasty 6x6 league (BB and Holds added). He has been horrible this spring and is now in the minors. The waiver wire pickings are slim, but here are my best available options:

1. Joe Kelley
    2. Tommy Milone
    3. Josh Tomlin
    4. Cody Anderson
    5. Wade Miley
    6. Charlie Morton
    7. Henry Owens (also in minors but higher potential?)

Given this list, do you hold on to Hahn and wait for him to figure it out or do you grab one of these guys? If the latter what order to you rank the above list?

Thanks.

Tomlin and Anderson both made the rotation. Don't necessarily like either, but hey, that's something. Wouldn't touch Morton. Wouldn't touch Milone. I actually really like Miley, especially if you can start him only at home. Used to like Hahn but I think he has a lot to prove before I'm trusting him. So I think I go:

Miley
    ----
    Owens
    Tomlin
    ----
    Kelly
    good middle reliever

Comment

I liked Miley a lot last year (until the year started). For all the reasons I liked him then, I think he plays much better in Seattle.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Do you need immediate IP help? If so, Miley (and try to just start him at home as others have pointed out). If not, I'd take a flier on Owens and stash him since he's got the highest potential. Joe Kelly probably third, but I'd also consider just grabbing a middle reliever with a high K/9 to help with Ks and Holds since none of these guys jump off the page.

Comment

for what it's worth, http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/cody-...e-matt-harvey/
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd take a shot at Joe Kelly. There's at least some potential there. Miley has sucked for a very long time, and while I think he will suck less in Seattle...he's still gonna suck. Joe Kelly could well suck very badly, but at least he's flashed some upside.

Cody Anderson is an interesting stash if you're looking for a longer-term move.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X