Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Harvey: Mysterious Injury (3/28/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Harvey: Mysterious Injury (3/28/16)

Velocity was down significantly in his last ST start. Collins said he was fine.

Today he was sent to the orthopedist for a "non arm related" injury. Oh, and may be scratched from his opening day start.

The Mets ace was excused from the club's game against the Cardinals -- a required road trip in this final week of the exhibition season -- to make a doctor's visit of a non-orthopedic nature, according to a team spokesman.

The "non-orthopedic nature" is important, because it indicates the medical issue does not involve Harvey's elbow or shoulder. The Mets initially said Harvey would make Tuesday's start as scheduled, but plans have changed. He has been scratched from that start.

:

Person with knowledge of Harvey's situation says this isn't major.

By not major, the person meant something that will necessitate a long lay off.

Comment

If you have him as a keeper, this news is annoying. If you are drafting any day soon and targeting Harvey, this is awesome news. Hopefully, it stays mysterious until my draft on Wednesday and I can get him a few dollars under what he should go for.

Comment

It is the Mets. Not major means his arm is still attached to his body at this point.

Comment

Probably an STD.

Comment

Anal fissures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Probably an STD.
              He's going to an orthopedist....wait, these are the Mets doctors. You're probably right.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Probably an STD.
                Some Toe Discomfort?

Comment

Joe Curci ‏@JoeCurciWOR 3h3 hours ago
                  d'Arnaud told @PeteyMacWOR that the team is "praying" for #Harvey http://m.wor710.com/onair/the-wor-sp...y-no-14541204/ … #Mets
                  Well that doesn't sound good

Comment

it's the Mets. don't exhale yet.
                    non-orthopedic. non-arthroscopic would sound better.

so buy or sell? at this moment, HOLD.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Non-orthopedic but his teammates are "praying" for him. A possible heart defect? A tumor?
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        Non-orthopedic but his teammates are "praying" for him. A possible heart defect? A tumor?
                        They're praying he survives dealing with Mets doctors.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

UPDATE: Matt Harvey had blood clots in his bladder that have passed, will start Opening Day #Mets - via @Ackert_NYDN nydn.us/1qdQJFT
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Well, that sounds really damn scary. The Mets, man...

Comment

I heard today that he waits to long to urinate and it caused this issue.

Dude is like a 5 year old who holds his pee in too long i guess.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X