AL Keeper Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keeper Input

We keep 7 in our AL 5x5. Here are my candidates. Please let me know which 7 and thoughts on extensions.

Josh Donaldson $17 final year
    JD Martinez $10 option year (to 2/15 or 3/20? I think 2/15 but can't decide.)
    Marcus Semien $6 option year (don't extend? or 2/11?)
    Rusney Castillo $8
    Kendrys Morales $11
    Sonny Gray $17 option year (don't extend?)
    Shawn Tolleson $10
    Kyle Gibson $4
    Kelvin Herrera $2
    Geovany Soto $1

I think I keep the first 7, extend JDM to $15, and leave it at that. Appreciate your feedback.

Josh Donaldson $17 final year keep, obviously
    JD Martinez $10 option year (to 2/15 or 3/20? I think 2/15 but can't decide.) keep, extend only to 2/15
    Marcus Semien $6 option year (don't extend? or 2/11?) i wouldn't extend, but i know some like semien more than i do
    Rusney Castillo $8 i would keep
    Kendrys Morales $11 keep
    Sonny Gray $17 option year (don't extend?) keep, don't extend
    Shawn Tolleson $10 keep
    Kyle Gibson $4 don't keep
    Kelvin Herrera $2 don't keep
    Geovany Soto $1 don't keep

I think I keep the first 7, extend JDM to $15, and leave it at that. Appreciate your feedback.
    yep...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Do you have to keep 7?

I do not like Castillo at $8. I would not keep him.

Comment

I'd also go with your first 6 (without Castillo) and only extend JD for only 1yr. Take that value into the draft with you. In our league, if a player is in his option year and doesn't get extended by the owner prior to the draft, he can trade that player during the season and receiving owner can add 1 more year at $5 if they want and have him for next year. We implemented this rule a few years ago to help with trading and it's been huge success.

Comment

Fwiw I would extend Semien 1 year at $11.

Comment

Josh Donaldson $17 final year
            JD Martinez $10 ... 2/15
            Marcus Semien $6 ... don't extend
            Kendrys Morales $11
            Sonny Gray $17 ... don't extend
            Shawn Tolleson $10

I probably would lean again keeping Rusney Castillo $8 as well, but that said, he's probably one of those guys that if he's on MY team, I have a hard time letting go, so if you kept him I wouldn't blame you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              We keep 7 in our AL 5x5. Here are my candidates. Please let me know which 7 and thoughts on extensions.

Agree with this.

To the others: the post says WE KEEP 7.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                Agree with this.

To the others: the post says WE KEEP 7.
                You want to argue symanticis? My first question was do you have to? We keep 7 means no more than 7, or could be have to keep 7.

If it is a two catcher league I am not sure I wouldn't keep Soto at a buck just to not have to spend the 8 on Rusney. Castillo might not be a starter and might continue to be bad when he plays. If someone really wants him I doubt they pay $8 to gamble that he will be something more than a bust.

Comment

Sorry if unclear guys. We keep up to 7, not mandatory 7. Two catcher league (standard rosters overall).

Thanks a lot for the input.

Comment

I have Castillo for $7 in a very similar league and I'm not going to keep him. Hate to part with him because he was a minor league pick for me but just have no confidence.. anyhow I'm in New England and Sox fans are pretty down on him, I think he's going to lose out to Brock Holt even if he doesn't hit - and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wildblueyonder View Post
                      I have Castillo for $7 in a very similar league and I'm not going to keep him. Hate to part with him because he was a minor league pick for me but just have no confidence.. anyhow I'm in New England and Sox fans are pretty down on him, I think he's going to lose out to Brock Holt even if he doesn't hit - and soon.
                      Agreed. I retract my earlier comment. The news is bleak at this point. I'm not seeing how he goes for $7 or $8 if he's back in any draft based on the news.

Comment

yeah, i have a $5 castillo in my main that i'm regretting now. i think the only hope for him is he gets demoted, then tears up AAA.
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                        X