Alright guys, I need help fixing this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright guys, I need help fixing this

Just drafted a keeper team in a 12 team league where you keep 8 players. 6x6 h2h cats with OBP and QS. saves are also changed to sv+hlds so holds guys matter. I missed out on all the top 12 2B and made the mistake of vocalizing it during the draft so everyone started to stack them in attempts to trade me them later. They had already noticed I had 3 3B after I took Franco in the 90s. Im thinking about offering Frazier and Samardzija for Carrasco and Murphy. Do I offer it? sorry for the poor phrasing the first time around

C Ramos
    1B Alvarez
    2B Spangenburg
    3B Arenado
    SS Seager
    IF Frazier
    LF Conforto
    CF Pederson
    RF J.Martinez
    OF C.Davis
    OF Puig
    UTL Franco

BE Gattis
    BE A.J Reed

SP C.Martinez
    SP Hamels
    SP Verlander
    SP Samardzija
    SP Walker
    RP Betances
    RP O'Day
    P Magee

BE Darvish
    BE Glasnow
    BE Giolito
    Last edited by ; 03-26-2016, 08:55 PM.

You have Frazier listed as your MI, and no corner infielder. Is it actually just an INF spot? If so, who would replace Frazier?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      You have Frazier listed as your MI, and no corner infielder. Is it actually just an INF spot? If so, who would replace Frazier?
      yeah it is just IF

Comment

You're fine, don't sweat it. In an 8 teamer, someone will always be available, Spang isn't bad at all. You don't need to have All Star stats from every position, you just need stats, and you'll have them with that line-up. Don't panic and do a deal you'll regret.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          You're fine, don't sweat it. In an 8 teamer, someone will always be available, Spang isn't bad at all. You don't need to have All Star stats from every position, you just need stats, and you'll have them with that line-up. Don't panic and do a deal you'll regret.
          Yep, good advice from Hornsby.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Thanks Hornsby! Your advice tends to be pretty on lock ive noticed. It is a 12 team league though. We just get to keep 8. I dont know if that changes your stance. Ill change the description because upon rereading it, its very poorly worded. sorry about that

Comment

Even better lineup with a 12 team league...grab Spangy's back-up if you need to, otherwise, get another closer if you can, and sail on to moneyland.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd do that deal for Carrasco and Murphy in a minute. Carrasco, IMO, is a huge upgrade over Samardjzia and Murphy fills the hole at 2B. I like Frazier, but Jeff S. Could well be waiver bait in a 12-teamer.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I'd do that deal for Carrasco and Murphy in a minute. Carrasco, IMO, is a huge upgrade over Samardjzia and Murphy fills the hole at 2B. I like Frazier, but Jeff S. Could well be waiver bait in a 12-teamer.
                  I definitely agree with you that Carrasco is a huge upgrade over Samardzija and that Murphy would fill the hole of questionable Spangenburg. The only reason I have Samardzija is because he fell to the 140s and I had no true ace so I wanted to pile up the middle tier guys. I talked to the Carrasco owner though and hes pretty bullish on him and doesnt want Frazier anyway. He did not have Arrieta labeled as untouchable though and hes interested in Franco. Who would you offer with Franco for Arrieta and Murphy if I go that route?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                    I definitely agree with you that Carrasco is a huge upgrade over Samardzija and that Murphy would fill the hole of questionable Spangenburg. The only reason I have Samardzija is because he fell to the 140s and I had no true ace so I wanted to pile up the middle tier guys. I talked to the Carrasco owner though and hes pretty bullish on him and doesnt want Frazier anyway. He did not have Arrieta labeled as untouchable though and hes interested in Franco. Who would you offer with Franco for Arrieta and Murphy if I go that route?
                    Any of your starters. I like CMart and Hamels, but to get Arrieta, I'd deal either of the with Franco if it could make that deal happen.

Comment

That's not a horrible deal but I'd pass. I like Carrasco this year but don't love giving up a hitter keeper for a pitcher keeper with injury history. Like others have said above, don't make a panic move this early. Things will change early in the season and you've got some surpluses you can use to strike at the right time.

Comment

Any of your starters. I like CMart and Hamels, but to get Arrieta, I'd deal either of the with Franco if it could make that deal happen.
                        The guy offered me Arrieta for Frazier and Samardzija and I took it. I did like having that 30 HRs in my lineup and I might have given too much for some depending on their JS value, but I like having a true ace to anchor my staff with C-Marts potential shoulder woes a little more. Im also not a huge Samardzija fan. I owned him in 2014 when he was borderline elite and it was great, but i havent seen "that guy" since. I think Im gonna add Tyler White when Gattis hits the DL for my UTL

Comment

That seems fine. With JDM, Franco, Davis, Arenado, and Alvarez, home runs should be the least of your concerns.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Agree that's a great deal for you, and I normally don't like trading hitting for pitching. But that's a monster upgrade at SP and you dealt from depth.

Comment

Agree that's a great deal for you, and I normally don't like trading hitting for pitching. But that's a monster upgrade at SP and you dealt from depth.
                              Hey thanks for the advice chance. and thanks to everyone else for the advice/input as well! you guys are an invaluable tool for the fantasy world!

Comment

Working...
                              X