8 Team NL only...HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Team NL only...HDID

Standard 5X5 league with a $260 cap. Each team has only one keeper. Must have 6 SP and 4 RP.

C - Hundley $1
    1B - Votto $29
    2B - Gordon $29
    SS - Suarez $11
    3B - Tomas $3
    CI - Adams $1
    MI - Phillips $11
    OF - Peralta $6(keeper)
    OF - Cespedes $32
    OF - Kemp $23
    OF - Bruce $19
    OF - Conforto $10
    UT - Granderson $10

SP - Harvey $23
    SP - Lester $18
    SP - Iglesias $10
    SP - Hendricks $8
    SP - G. Gonzalez $4
    SP - Giolito $4
    RP - Rodney $3
    RP - Clippard $2
    RP - A. Bailey $1
    RP - Romo $1

Reserves

J. Diaz
    M. Wisler
    A. Hill
    C. Knebel
    M. Montero
    T. Jankowski
    W. Flores
    O. Arcia
    C. Anderson
    J. Lagares
    J. Gray
    J. Winker
    M. Garza
    "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Good balance. Not a fan of the Tomas, Adams, and Gio Gonzalez pickups, but the rest of the squad looks solid. Maybe light on saves, but with 4 required RP, you minimized the damage. Excellent top 4 SP, but with 6 total required it's very top heavy (Giolito may not be up for a while and Gio scares the hell out of me).

While I don't like Tomas and Adams, I am probably most concerned about SP5 and SP6. That's what I would look to address first.

Nice squad though! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Good balance. Not a fan of the Tomas, Adams, and Gio Gonzalez pickups, but the rest of the squad looks solid. Maybe light on saves, but with 4 required RP, you minimized the damage. Excellent top 4 SP, but with 6 total required it's very top heavy (Giolito may not be up for a while and Gio scares the hell out of me).

While I don't like Tomas and Adams, I am probably most concerned about SP5 and SP6. That's what I would look to address first.

Nice squad though! Good luck.
      Thanks for the feedback Sharky. I decided to go cheap at the corners instead of the OF. OF in an 8 team NL league dries up quickly. Gio is the wildcard of my staff...no doubt about it. My offense is loaded, so I should be able to swing a deal in season.
      "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Looks like you were able to keep to a plan & budget -there's no "oh no" prices that show you got stuck with $$$ or anything like that.
        SS looks good. If Arcia comes up sooner rather than later you'll have a trade chip is Suarez if he starts out strong. You may look to trade him anyway since you've got Flores.
        Rodney is on fumes and your RPs as you know are subpar. Knebel may come through for you. You'll have to address P in general I'd say.

Comment

Hitting looks outstanding, wow!

SP ok but perhaps slightly weak for an 8-teamer: a below-average ace (no Kershaw/Arrieta/MadBum/Arrieta), and an average #2 and #3 starter, at least by my ranks. But serviceable. Not a fan of your reserve SP though and Giolito eta tbd. But in an 8-teamer, I imagine some of the 6th starters (Lyons, Heston, Collmenter) would be available for you to grab to have more serviceable starters once someone gets hurt

RP: You know your closing situation is weak compared to average team, but I like the MR you did pick, including Jumbo Diaz in reserve round, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Comment

Working...
          X