Will Smith Torn LCL in knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Smith Torn LCL in knee

Will Smith has a torn LCL in his knee from taking off his shoe. How long do people think of that recovery time (with or without surgery - he's weighing options)? I was considering keeping him at a borderline price (keepers due tomorrow), but now I have to throw him back.

I guess bump Jeffress (and Knebel?) up a few bucks in NL-only leagues.

Wow, just saw this. It looks like they're deciding if he'll need surgery, which I have to assume will occur. I'd imagine if he has surgery, he'd likely be lost for a good portion of the season.

Comment

Weird way he injured it. Trying to take his shoes off. I was going to go after him because I have Jeffress.

Comment

At least this came out today as my keepers were due tomorrow. Guess I found my reason to keep Hunter Strickland in RJEL.

Comment

According to what I looked up on the Internet, swelling and pain may only mean he has a Grade 2 sprain which would mean rest and rehab - in which case he'd be back to normal within 8 weeks. If surgery, it's a slow healing process for this injury - ugh - which could mean multiple months. I'm thinking that means if he needs surgery his value is almost nil.

What if you have Smith for $1? (NL-only 12 team 4x4 keeper league, 25% inflation)

My options...

> Keep Smith for $1

or I can drop Smith and keep one of these instead...

> Adam Duvall for $1
          > Brandon Belt for $26

or keep none of them?

Comment

Reports are a torn LCL, not merely a Grade 2 sprain. Depending upon how big a tear, surgery may be the only option. If it is small, a whole lot of rest. Either way, he is toast for most of this season. Tears I know!

As to your keeper situation, you could do worse than Duvall for a buck unless keeping him will limit your flexibility at auction/draft.
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Last year, I sprained my knee sleeping.

Weird shit can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Weird shit can happen.
                I suspect this will be the Brewers slogan this year.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  According to what I looked up on the Internet, swelling and pain may only mean he has a Grade 2 sprain which would mean rest and rehab - in which case he'd be back to normal within 8 weeks. If surgery, it's a slow healing process for this injury - ugh - which could mean multiple months. I'm thinking that means if he needs surgery his value is almost nil.

What if you have Smith for $1? (NL-only 12 team 4x4 keeper league, 25% inflation)

My options...

> Keep Smith for $1

or I can drop Smith and keep one of these instead...

> Adam Duvall for $1
                  > Brandon Belt for $26

or keep none of them?
                  I would go with one of those guys. You can get Smith back if you really want him. Both are decent bets imo. I would lean Belt, since 1B is surprisingly shallow in the NL.

Comment

Will Smith will attempt to rehab the torn LCL in his right knee.
                    Smith will rest for three weeks before ramping up his throwing program by playing catch. If he doesn't show enough progress in six weeks, he'll undergo surgery which would likely leave him sidelined for most or all of the season. Either way, he's in line for a lengthy absence. Jeremy Jeffress should get a chance to run away with the Brewers' closer job.
                    Source: Tom Haudricourt on TwitterMar 29 - 12:19 PM

Comment

Who has Knebel for $1 or WW pickup?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Our draft was Sat so picked up Kneel in the reserve round. Good protection for Jeffress.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Who has Knebel for $1 or WW pickup?

J
                          I've protected Knebel in all of my leagues, except one. I even have him as a $1 keeper in RJEL. I went after him hard last year.

Comment

I was one year early on Knebel. This year I didn't want to spend $7 on him (before Smith got hurt). Timing is everything.

Comment

I took him in the last round of the keeper league draft.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X