RP - Alex Colome, 20.12

B - Nate Karns, 21.05
    B - Tyler White, 22.12
    B - Michael Saunders, 23.05
    B - Jimmy Rollins, 24.12
    B - Ryan Howard, 25.05
    B - Keon Broxton, 26.12
    B - Desmond Jennings, 27.05

The first few rounds of the draft went pretty much as I expected it, as I landed many of the players I planned on getting. Fielder in Rd 6 seemed like a steal, and with our league's 3-game in-season eligibility, he should have 1B eligibility by mid-May at the latest.

I purposely waited on MIs after missing out on some of the top options early, as I liked many of the later round options the same as the mid-round options. I landed three of those later round MIs who I really like.

I wanted a catcher in the first 10 rounds, but after missing out on Mesoraco in Rd 9, I waited on that spot too.

What's your thoughts?

pretty good balance
    maybe not enough SBs - it will depend on the value of Hernandez - and maybe even Rollins ends up worth something

Comment

Not personally a fan of Braun, Pujols at 3 and 5. But I love the team overall, especially your run from rounds 11-21.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

i think you needed to draft nick markakis. :O...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          i think you needed to draft nick markakis. :O...
          LOL - no one did! 432 draft picks, and he's still in the green room. It was a tough night for Nicky.

Comment

Wow...for a 16 teamer, that's a hot team. Great SPs at good values. Exceeeeelent power. Maybe a bit light on speed and saves, but you can likely remedy those easily enough. I dont say this often on reviews, but you could well have a winning team there. Just a great job!
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nicely done, I'll echo Chance here...you'll need Pederson to steal to make some moves in the speed department. And I think that you'll need to [pick up another closer to make up some ground. Tolleson isn't all that secure, IMO.

Either way, very nice team that should be in the running all the way, I like your bench as well.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Wow...for a 16 teamer, that's a hot team. Great SPs at good values. Exceeeeelent power. Maybe a bit light on speed and saves, but you can likely remedy those easily enough. I dont say this often on reviews, but you could well have a winning team there. Just a great job!
                Yep, my thoughts as well. Any you may not even be that light in speed if Joc and Ava Braun contribute as they can/should. Great team.

Comment

Nice work overall. Good balance and depth. More downside risk than I like with some of the top picks, but excellent upside with some of your later picks (Rollins, Broxton, etc). If it's a BA league I'm not a Joc fan, and his SB are a thing of the past I suspect. My biggest concern is probably your OF. I don't see enough RBI there, so the advantage you built elsewhere is squandered a bit. I would look to improve one or two OF slots. Maybe Miller plus Joc or Braun for an upgrade at that OF slot, since you can do fine with Rollins.

Comment

Working...
                  X