Verlander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verlander?

Anybody want to talk me into keeping a $19 Justin Verlander?
    12-team AL only, 4x4.

He could earn more, he could earn less. Would he go for more if you put him back? How much? I don't think he goes much less.

If I had him at $19 I would be doing just what you are. Asking the Pen. He is such a tweener at this price.

How many good pitchers will be back in the auction?

Comment

I've been planning to throw him back for months but I'm warming to him. I loved his second half last year and, I agree, I don't think he goes for much less. Inflation alone could push him to that price. And there will likely only be a handful of aces available (Sale, Carrasco, Archer, maybe Felix).

Comment

So if he doesn't go for less, the question is whether you want or need him at that price. I'm very high on him and the helium is rising - DVR called him a borderline top-25 SP this week if I heard him right.

Comment

I would keep him in a 5x5, but in a 4x4, throw him back

Comment

I'm bullish, but it really boils down to whether or not you could get him back (in your specific league) at that price.
            If the answer is no, and you're bullish as well, then keep.
            If you're on the fence about either - he's probably a throw back.
            But, if you think he's just a notch below the aces you've listed, who would likely go $5-10 more, I'd keep.
            I think in my AL 10 team 4x4 he'd go for a couple/few dollars more.
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

He went for $26 in my AL only roto 5x5 QS league last year and is being kept at that price this year.

Comment

I really like Verlander this year. That core surgery he had in 2014 tends to affect pitchers for up to 14 months after. I think hes really actually back to healthy this year. And hes the definitive #1 there in DET. i expect big things this year for where hes going. As for this situation, it depends on what the pitching pool looks like. If its thin, Id really consider keeping

Comment

Many thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X