NL-only keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only keeper help

The "Junkies" input is always appreciated .....

Thirty-one year, 10-team local, standard 5x5, $260 NL-only keeper league; moderate inflation. We can keep as many as 15 active on our 23-man roster (no bench); we can have as many as three farm players. Last year was a rebuilding year for me; many of these players were acquired via trades, thus the low prices. No team even comes close to mine in the number of low-priced potential keepers. Here are the players I'm considering keeping:

c - Schwarber, B, $5
    c - Realmuto, B, $6
    1b - Rizzo, B, $33
    3b - Rendon, "B", $15 (I long-termed him after '14 before his injury, I'd have to pay $30 to release him this season)
    ci - Duffy, B, $10
    2b - Peraza, B, $5 (I'm sitting on the fence)
    ss - B. Crawford, B, $10
    mi - Hechavarria, B, $1
    of - Polanco, C, $5 (considering to long term him for one additional year to make his salary $10 this year and next)
    of - Taylor, C, $5
    of - D. Peralta, B, $3
    of -
    of -
    ut -
    FARM - JP Crawford (A, $5 when activated) and B. Rodgers
    p - Hammel, B, $5
    p - Nola, B, $5
    p - Romo, B, $2 (another fence sitter)
    p - J. Ross, B, $10 (my third fence sitter)
    p -
    p -
    p -
    p -
    p -
    FARM - Giolito.

Batting average is a concern. Obviously, I need to focus on pitching at the auction (I typically punt saves, but this year I might have the money to purchase a closer (but saves appear hard to predict this year in the NL)).

Thoughts?
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

I think all of those are fine. I'm not likely to keep Joe Ross in my 10-team NL but I might. I'm not excited about keeping Romo but I expect he'd go for more than $2 at auction.

I'd keep Rendon and Peraza and extend Polanco.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

10 team & 9 pitchers per, I'd throw Ross back for sure. Romo would be next to go. Nola, keep if you like. I'd be on the fence with him.

I'd throw Peraza back in.
      Extend Polanco

Comment

Keep Peraza.
        Extend Polanco.
        Toss Ross and Romo.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to drop Peraza (I've got to think that he'll start the year in AAA), J. Ross, and Romo. I'm going to target J. Ross at auction, hoping to get him for less than $10. Romo was an end gamer last year .... if I have to I'll fall back on him again this year.

I've decided to drop Rodgers because I have the #2 farm pick. I'm leaving a little hope (maybe 10%) that the guy with the first pick will not take Orlando Arcia. Dansby Swanson would also be available, but I think I'd rather have Rodgers if Arcia is the first pick.
          "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
          "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
          WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
          PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
          X