Concerned about my team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about my team?

I'm worried that my team is going to under-achieve all year. Anyone else have the same feeling about the Habeneros?

[sigh]

I am not at all concerned about your team.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I am not at all concerned about your team.
      I expected as much.

Comment

Your squad has got nothin' on my cellar dwellers. Am just hoping to salvage something. Good luck!

Comment

Don't you feel loved!
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I am slightly concerned that you spelled habanero incorrectly....

Good luck with your team of underachievers, too.
            Thank you. In an earlier thread, you said you liked my team. I'm holding on to that.

And not only do I spell it wrong, my team logo shows another kind of pepper altogether. The underachieving starts at the top.

Comment

I feel better this morning. Scored 518 points last week, with 2 70-point SPs on the bench. No other team scored 400, even.

I know. fluke.

Sigh.

Comment

My squad of underachievers can beat your squad of underachievers.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I have five over and underachievers on the DL (Lind, Mauer, Victorino, Wells & Nishioka) and one just back in Furcal. Five DL'd players represents the lowest number of players I've had on the DL to this point (other hits include Bailey, Cueto, Zimmerman x 2, Greinke, & Hart amongst others).

One of those years with an orphaned team.
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Working...
                  X